SS Announcers.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to talk about them, the ones who for the most part narrated the muppet segments. 1 who we heard a lot of was of course Jerry Nelson. who announced for SS News, Caveman skits, and various other story skits. Another of course was Fran Brill who anounced for a couple of of skits. the hand count to 11 and the to hands and the choclate cake skits. This last 1 we heard in such skits like Bob and Mr. Hooper hanging up there coats, that's the 1 where Bob comes in first and Mr. Hooper throws Bob's coat on the floor and uses the hangers for his coat. 2nd one was where Susan's getting ready for a party and Bob, Gordon/Matt Robinson and Raffel along with one of the kids who are the guests help out. last one was kids making a triangle and then a square and this kid Bejamen is either confused or uneasy about particapating and he says come on Benjy you can do it. I learned at YL the annoucer was a man named Len Maxwell i also recall his voice in a 1979 commerical for the board game Mouse Trap. Though i saw 2 out of the 3 skits i mentioned i didn't make the voice connection between that and the SS skits tilll years later.