SS Christmas Carol DVD

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has any details regarding a SS Christmas Carol DVD being released this November? I saw it listed w/ front cover art at Amazon.com.

DB

dbarrie

Reaction score
I presume it's an all-new Christmas special that will air on PBS sometime during the holidays. No other info seems to be available at present.

maniacal muppet said:
I saw it but what is it?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Always educational and entertaining, the loveable SESAME STREET muppets ring in the holidays with a fun-filled version of Charles Dickens's classic A CHRISTMAS CAROL. Broadway actors Tim Curry and Kristen Chenoweth lend their voices to this charming adaptation that finds the perennially cranky Oscar the Grouch visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future.
Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809722036/info
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sesame_street_christmas_carol/about.php

DTWolf

Reaction score
When I first saw this thread I almost groaned out loud. Another version of A Christmas Carol? Who needs it? It's been done over and over, and once the Muppet-Show Muppets in particular have done it, why Sesame Street?

Then I saw that Oscar was going to sit in Scrooge's seat--and all of a sudden the idea just blossomed into something potentially wonderful. Oh, I hope this is well-written! It could be so good if they haven't written it just for three-year-olds. . .

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i hope its more 1978 SS Christmas's vs Elmo's stuff ( It was Good but not as good as Christmas eve)

BEAR

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing this. I'm also excited to see what new original songs they come up with.