SS Shows over 35 years

Gonzo's Goof

Reaction score
Thought I start a thread on an idea I was thinking about. I see the opening of the SS shows are numbered in the 4000's does anyone know or think that the Sesame Street Workshop would ever start releasing skits on DVD or video by years etc. I just think that be an awesome collection and a way that parents could give more to their kids for learning and allow them to see the older teaching styles too. I know some shows reuse skits and all that is why I was thinking it would be interesting to have by year or so like an elongated show or series of them, just a lot of editing basically.

Was wondering what others thought about this?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I also think it would be an awesome collection not just for parents to use with their kids, but for all of us that grew up with the show. If they couldn't release all the seasons, maybe they could release some of the highlights of the past 35 years, such as Mr. Hooper passing away, the adults seeing Snuffy for the first time, and Maria and Luis getting married. Anyway that they could get some classic moments out would be awesome.

Censored

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I also think it would be an awesome collection not just for parents to use with their kids, but for all of us that grew up with the show. If they couldn't release all the seasons, maybe they could release some of the highlights of the past 35 years, such as Mr. Hooper passing away, the adults seeing Snuffy for the first time, and Maria and Luis getting married. Anyway that they could get some classic moments out would be awesome.

I think that would be great. Children and adults both would love it.

Censored

Reaction score
Gonzo's Goof said:
Thought I start a thread on an idea I was thinking about. I see the opening of the SS shows are numbered in the 4000's does anyone know or think that the Sesame Street Workshop would ever start releasing skits on DVD or video by years etc. I just think that be an awesome collection and a way that parents could give more to their kids for learning and allow them to see the older teaching styles too. I know some shows reuse skits and all that is why I was thinking it would be interesting to have by year or so like an elongated show or series of them, just a lot of editing basically.

Was wondering what others thought about this?

I think if they edited the shows to take out all duplicate skits. A complete DVD set of classic Sesame Street from 1969-1989 might be a realistic idea.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Yeah! But I agree it should totally just be unedited!