SS Software

CookieFan

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with any of the Sesame Street software titles? I was going to get one for my 21 month old, but they are getting pretty crummy reviews on Amazon.com! (p.s. she can't use a mouse yet, so is there anything that's more on the "hit the keyboard and something happens" level)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know if you'll be able to get it any longer, but hope this helps. There is a product that is geared towards what you described, press the keyboard keys and something happens. The title of the computer game is Sesaame Street's Learning Library. The small floppy disk contains three Sesame Street games. You have Big Bird's Postal service, Ernie's Magic Show, and Rubber Duckie's Bath. In Big Bird's Postal Service, Big Bird gets the packages of the varying items and passes them to Little Bird who flies across the screen when you press the direction keys. The object of the game is to place each item below one of the four buildings whose sign matches the theme of the item being delivered or the item itself. In order to finish a round, all four items must be successfully delivered. Ernie's Magic Show is a little bit more challenging though. First, you get an image formed by a collection of different shapes. Ernie then waves his wand and makes two shapes appear at a time. The player must select which of the two is correct and needed to complete the image that appeared at the beginning of each performance. If you choose the right shapes, Ernie continues his magic show happily. The last of the games is the most fun of the three. Rubber Duckie's Bath is a game with a whole slew of Sesame Street characters having fun with water. The object of the game is to get Rubber Duckie from one end of the screen where he's resting on a soap dish all the way to the other end where Ernie's waiting for his little friend inside his bathtub. The manner that Rubber Duckie gets the necessary force to make the trip is thanks to the rushing force of the water faucet above the soap dish. The fun comes into play next, as you get to form the pathway that Rubber Duckie will travel yourself. Depending on the difficulty level you chose at the beginning of the game, the path can be simple or complicated taking up the full screen. The usual construct is that you'll get Rubber Duckie in one square, a Sesame character in the next occupied space, and Ernie in his bathtub at the end, with spaces in between to construct the path. A press of the spacebar will help players select what obstacle can be included in the journey to Ernie, (sorry for the bad analogy), and then you press Enter to see the travels of the little duckie. Again, don't know if you'll be able to get in any computer stores now-a-days. My family got me this game when I was much younger, so I know of which I speak. Hope this helps and have a good day.