SS songs

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i thought i'd create a game where we'd think of a song, we'd type in a line or 2 and others would guess the the rest. > alittle bit in the beginning.

Tweekyboy

Reaction score
Hmmm....I'm trying to think of a SS Song that doesn't mention the title in the first 2 lines.....

"We all live....."

"Oh can't ya' see there's a..."

LOL - it's too difficult - maybe you guys can do better than me!

SesameMike

Reaction score
Who remembers these songs sung by the adults?

-- "My name is David and I don't wanna change it, my name is David and I'm glad that it's mine." Guess who sang this one? I think this was shortly after David was introduced.

-- "I live in the city, yes I do" This may have been Molly the mail lady. I seem to recall she played a guitar. She may have also sang the next two.

-- "Love is something that if you give it away, you end up getting more." Was there a verse in there about a "penny store"?

-- "Never argue with a bee." After singing this, Big Bird encounters a giant capital B on the street, and says something like "I'm not arguing with you... you've got BAD stingers!"

-- "If I had a kid, and I wish I did." Sung by Gordon (Roscoe Orman).

-- "No matter what your language, no matter what your name, the words that you're saying can be the same." This song taught a few basic Spanish phrases.

-- Another Spanish lesson song, this one sung by Maria and Luis, had a nice melody. I only remember the phrases "Don't squash that bug, down on the rug." (honest!) and at the end "That's all for now friends, good-bye."

-- Some guy on the street with a guitar played a song to "bless grass". This was in response to someone spotting grass growing through a crack in the sidewalk.

-- A guy with a guitar visited Hooper's store and asked for a hero sandwich. He played "Let's make a sandwich, and we'll have a sandwich, on hero bread." The bread was buttered, and he played again "...we'll have a butter sandwich..." One-by-one items were added to the sub, and each time he sang it again with all the items up to that point. (A cumulative song, like "Hole in the Bottom of the Sea"). First it was a "cheese ham butter sandwich" but a few ridiculous items were eventually added like whipped cream and nuts. At the end, Oscar made off with the overloaded hoagie, presumably cause he's the only one who could stomach such a combination.

-- Not an "adult", but Mr. Snuffleuppagas sang this dirge, apparently in response to no one believing in him, "So I guess I'll go, to my house, and make believe, I'm low(?)

mikebennidict

Reaction score
it be nice to hear them on MC radio in the future. i try to listen to it every 2 weeks and i probably should be listening to it more but i have so many other Live 365 sttaions i listen to that are just as important.

Censored

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
Mr. Snuffleuppagas sang this dirge, apparently in response to no one believing in him, "So I guess I'll go, to my house, and make believe, I'm low(?)
Nobody seems to see me
Though I stand here night and noon
I guess I'll just go back to my house
And make believe I'm the moon

Nobody seems to hear me
When I try to talk and sing
And make believe I'm Spring

Everybody opens up their heart
To the moon and the Spring
And I know why
To familiar things
But strange things make them shy
And afraid sometimes

Nobody seems to want me
Though I wish on stars above
And make believe I'm love

To the moon and the Spring
And I know why
To familiar things
But strange things make them shy
And afraid sometimes

Nobody seems to want me
Though I wish on stars above

HarveyK

Reaction score
oh can't you see

there's a bird on me.

Here's one:

"One, two, two little ____________________.