SS's Gone Country! (new Sesame Street DVD)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, I know most of you all by now know about the new Sesame Street video being released soon- "Kids Favorite Country Songs"
http://www.amazon.com/Sesame-Street...-4161712?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1178048275&sr=1-60

Just thought I'd let you know that the cover art is now available on Amazon.com
as well as a description of it.
It says to be over 60 minutes long and includes 20 songs!
(I'm thinking it's over 60 minutes because of the inclusion of some bonus features)

Here's the product description-

(Family) Howdy, partners! Join Elmo and his cousin Elmer in a Rootin’ Tootin’ Hootin’ Hollerin’ Country Jamboree! This DVD is packed with boot-stompin’ original songs plus many old favorites, familiar faces from Sesame Street, and some new friends too! This favorite includes several celebrity country stars as special guests, including: Garth Brooks, Lee Ann Womack, John Mceuen (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band), John Popper (Blues Traveler), Allison Krauss and Johnny Cash!

I'm not a fan of country music really (in fact, I pretty much despise it)- BUT, I can stand to listen to some every now and then- especially if it's the Muppets doing it. If Johnny Cash is one of the guest stars, then I wonder if that means his "Nasty Dan" song will be included. Hopefully, there'll be a good selection of older, classic Sesame Street songs and sketches along with newer ones. (And I can't think of a better title to showcase Forgetful Jones, Clementine and Buster the Horse or Marshall Grover and Fred the Wonder Horse, and Rodeo Rosie and all those great Sinister Sam sketches than this title!):smile:

Of course, I'll probably give it a view whenever it comes out (June 5, by the way) and have a review up on the ongoing "Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos" thread.:wink:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?p=522815#post522815

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Since Johnny Cash is on this DVD, I guess it will feature segments from the show (unless the DVD was actually produced before Johnny Cash's death and held back from being announced until now). I know that Johnny Cash appeared in at least two segments. Since Nasty Dan was just recently included in Old School Volume 1, it would be great if his other appearance was included. I guess since Garth Brooks is going to be in it then it'll include Togetehr, We'll Make Music (unless, of course, he appears in new footage).

I wonder if this DVD will have any segments that aren't musical. I don't think Marhall Grover and Fred the Wonder Horse ever sang any songs. Same with Sinister Sam and Bad Bart. Forgetful Jones and Clementine once sang "We're Real Cowboys". That could be included. I wouldn't be surprised if Marshall Grover appears in new footage. I wonder if this DVD will include Readers of the Open Range, or Cowboy X.

But otherwise, I don't really like country music, and can't think of very many Sesame Street segments I'd like to see that have a country theme.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Maybe "Readers of the Open Range" will be on this set! :smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
"When One Comes To Town"- I think that was the other song Johnny Cash did on Sesame Street- and it'd be good to see that on here too.

"Readers of the Open Range" is a great song- I'd vote for that one too. And I love the "Cowboy X" cartoon! Yippee!:smile:

Hey, Forgetful Jones did sing at least one other song- well, he sang part of it anyway (when he could get it right!) - The "Oklahoma" sketch with Kermit- that would be killer!:wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
Hey, Forgetful Jones did sing at least one other song- well, he sang part of it anyway (when he could get it right!) - The "Oklahoma" sketch with Kermit- that would be killer!:wink:
I forgot about that one. And I am aware of another sogn with Forgetful Jones, Write it Down, though I don't think he actually sang in the number (it was sung by Maria, Luis, and Gordon to Forgetful). But that isn't really a country number. It's more of a vaudville number, and takes place on the street in the arbor area.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
This is "Kid's Favorite Country Songs" not "Kid's Favorite Western Moments".

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yes, but country songs and Western moments seem to go together pretty well- they have an hour to fill up, so it seems like this might be a good place to showcase some of those scenes. (Since I really don't know if it would be all songs anyway- usually most Sesame Street videos also include some sketches)

BradFraggle

Reaction score
But with 20+ songs that doesn't leave much room for any other filler.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Country Music with the Muppets featured some non-music clips from The Muppet Show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If there are to be any non-music clips, it might be best to include them as bonus sketches. Maybe include 4 or 5 bonus western clips.