SST 2.0: Maria and Luis Argue

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's yet another outline for the fictitious Sesame Street series "Sesame Street 2.0", aimed at the adult fans. Enjoy!

Scene 1
Snuffy comes to Big Bird's nest all sad, because after they had a heavy argument, Snuffy's parents have decided to get a divorce ("just like Abby's parents").

Inserts:
  • "It's Alright to Cry"
  • "Sad"

Scene 2
At the Fix-It Shop, Maria and Luis have an argument over what they'll have for dinner, hamburgers or soup. Snuffy overhears them arguing, and assumes that they will get a divorce, too!

Inserts:
  • "Mom and Me"
  • Kermit News: The Bird Family Song
  • "How I Miss My X" with Patti LeBelle
  • Poverty X
  • Mystery Guest
  • Madrigal Alphabet

Scene 3
Snuffy tells Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Telly, and Grover that Luis and Maria are getting a divorce. None of them want it to happen, so they must think of a way to make them reconsider (and Snuffy wonders why they aren't making much effort to keep HIS parents married).

Inserts:
  • Henson #9
  • "Count Up to Nine"
  • Kermit and Bob discuss frogs
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Much Ado About Nothing
  • Millie and Molly imagine
  • "Imagination" (remake)
  • "Hot and Cold" with Katy Perry

Scene 4
The gang works hard to convince Luis and Maria to reconsider. Grover talks to Maria about how hard it is to be a single parent, while Bert and Ernie talk to Luis about how expensive divorce is. Neither Maria or Luis are able to get a word in when they try to explain that they are NOT considering a divorce. Meanwhile, Big Bird and Telly talk about the situation to Susan and Gordon, and Telly worries that they might get divorced next. Gordon explains that they plan to stay married for a long time, but upon realizing that the assumption came from the fact that Snuffy heard Luis and Maria argue, he tells them that all couples argue, but it doesn't always lead to divorce.

Inserts:
  • P-painting
  • The King Banishes the Letter P
  • Sand Animation: P
  • Jazz #9
  • "Rubber Duckie" (late-1990s version)
  • "Rainy Day Song"

Scene 5
Luis tells Ernie and Bert that he's not getting a divorce. Big Bird then comes by and congraduates him on not getting divorced (Ernie wonders how he knew so soon). Maria and Grover show up, and Maria and Luis explain that they argued but aren't getting divorced over it, and have decided to have tacos to dinner (to which Grover points out that he now works at a taco restaurant, and is late). Luis comments that they'll make the tacos themselves. Snuffy then comes by with some great news. Big Bird thinks it's about Maria and Luis not getting divorced and says that they already know, but Snuffy's actual news is that his parents have decided not to get divorced, either. Bert dryly comments that they decided to get divorced and not divorced in one day.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
This is a pretty good outline. I don't like my parents arguing and saying words that are not approiate and even their behavior can get crummy. I still love my parents even though they do argue.