SSt Characters on Last Week Tonight With John Oliver

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oscar the Grouch, Elmo and Rosita all made a surprise appearance on the HBO series "Last Week Tonight". In this episode, John talks about the major issue of lead poisoning.

He mentions the Sesame Street 1996 resource video about lead poisoning about five minutes into the video. And Elmo,Rosita and Oscar (voiced by Eric Jacobson) all make an appearance close to the end of the video:

This is actually quite interesting because the show has been very well known for it's Sesame Street parody they did last year in an episode about prison.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oscar the Grouch, Elmo and Rosita all made a surprise appearance on the HBO series "Last Week Tonight". In this episode, John talks about the major issue of lead poisoning.

He mentions the Sesame Street 1996 resource video about lead poisoning about five minutes into the video. And Elmo,Rosita and Oscar (voiced by Eric Jacobson) all make an appearance close to the end of the video:

This is actually quite interesting because the show has been very well known for it's Sesame Street parody they did last year in an episode about prison.
And might I add that Eric Jacobson does an absolutely AMAZING job at playing Oscar.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

No Caroll Spinney doing Oscar The Grouch?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Carroll Spinney chose a good understudy for Oscar.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Eric as Oscar is perhaps the most seamless performer change I've ever heard. He sounds so close to Caroll as Oscar, it's amazing! I remember how long it took me to get use to Eric's Grover, Bert, Piggy, and Fozzie. and David's Cookie (now, ironically, to hear Frank do any of these characters again seems odd). And, of course, Steve's Kermit doesn't sound like Jim's Kermit, Matt's Big Bird doesn't sound like Caroll's Big Bird, David's Scooter doesn't sound like Richard's Scooter, and honestly, they don't need to sound exactly like their predecessors, however, like I said the fact that Eric's Oscar sounds so much like Caroll's is mindblowing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm more impressed that they referenced the Lead resource video. Then again, now that Sesame Street is co-funded by HBO, I'm sure they have access to a lot of Sesame Street's backlog for cases like this.

And yes, Eric is doing a great job as Oscar. I'm sure he was more available than Carol in this case, but I'm glad they were able to get the character in to make a point about the lack of concern. Heck, Congress is full of Grouches even Oscar would call unnecessarily contrary.