Star Trek: Strange New Worlds: The Beverly Muppet Conection thread

Beauregard

Reaction score
According to IMDb she:

Played the secretary in Muppet's Take Manhatten
and
Choreographed the ballroom scene in Labyrinth, and also Dreamchild, and
The Dark Crystal.

IMDb adds in her Bio. : She was a "Muppeteer" for Jim Henson prior to her role on Star Trek.

So, how did gates McFadden go on from Muppeteer to Ship's Doctor?

Does anyone know what happened?

Beauregard

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i'd say she has a good agent. but not to good considering the latest startrek film was a bust and nearly messed up the startrek franchise.....

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
I quite liked the recent one actually.

But, I was wondering Chereographer to Doctor? I guess she had a bit of that "Can't take no for an answer," about her.

So, was she a puppeteer or just a chereographer?

matleo

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I quite liked the recent one actually.

But, I was wondering Chereographer to Doctor? I guess she had a bit of that "Can't take no for an answer," about her.

So, was she a puppeteer or just a chereographer?

She was a choreographer. She has an acting/dance background. She danced a few times on ST as well. I know ther'e one where she teaches Data to dance and I think she might have done it another time to. At least there were a few references to her dancing. Her charcacter on ST had the nickname 'The Dancing Doctor".

So there you have it. they interview her a little in 'inside the Labyrinth". I don't know about her work in Dreamchild or DC though. I thnk those are wrong. You can't always trust IMDB for info.

--Matt

Beauregard

Reaction score
Acourding to www.daisydownunder.com :

Gates worked with Jim Henson for several years, Gates helped choreograph three of his films, Dreamchild, The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. The filming of 'Labyrinth' was also a good experience for Gates "It was massive. It took nine months. I have never done anything quite so complex in terms of special effects choreography."

I'll check more of the internet later for info on this...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It was Gates McFadden's sister who choreographed Labyrinth, not Gates herwelf. Though, she did make that guest appearance on TMTM.

The two do look a lot alike.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
It was Gates McFadden's sister who choreographed Labyrinth, not Gates herwelf. Though, she did make that guest appearance on TMTM.

The two do look a lot alike.
Are you sure, on IMDb it says that she was creditied with a different name, Cheryl I think.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Why would they credit her as Cheryl if her name was Gates? It's even listed as Cheryl when they interview her for Inside the Labyrinth. I seem to remeber Jim Henson even calling her Cheryl...

I dunno. I thouhgt it was her sister.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think she might have changed it to Gates because it sounds better than Cheryl, and looks better ofn credits and so on, after all a lot of actors change their names...Even Cliff Richard used to have a different name before he becamse Cliff Richard.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Look:

Birth name:
Cheryl Gates McFadden

From here:

There are 4 movies that contain "Gates (Cheryl) McFadden".