Star Wars Collection FanCon 08

anakin

Reaction score
Hi Ho, and welcome to this exclusive coverage of Mupp-Con 2008. Well, it was an exciting show. We have your first look at some of the great new product coming out in September when the line is released world wide at 12:01 am during the Midnight Loonacy sale. Here is the entrance to the gallery.. as you can see, fans are already milling about.

Here we have the action figure line. The first assortment will be a real treat as the line boasts all new sculpts. Absent from the line-up are Lando Calrissian, who was bumped to wave two and Princess Leia, who.. due to mold and paint issues has been delayed.. she will still be part of the first assortment but no figure was on display due to the production issues. Officials have assured us that she will be ready for September and when we run these photos next month in issue 55 of "What, More Toys?" we will have the first look at "Her Royal Highness-ness". Just to the right of the basic line are the first two figures from the Ultra Assortment. Anakin and Obi-Wan are the lead off characters for what is likely to be the most anticipated line yet.

This was the highlight of the presentation. These offerings are the first of a major launch of exclusive, high end collectibles available from Sidemovie Inc. One item ready and on sale as the Convention exclusive was the holographic Princess Leia statue. Really a remarkable likeness and very well done piece. Your "only hope" is that you brought enought money! Sheesh..

Here's a fun shot of me with my Jedi Robe. This was an expensive item but well worth it. The fabric is high quality and the robe is very well made and authentic. Couldn't pass it up. Plus, we needed something fresh for our wardrobe dept and this will be great for an opening number!

Here is the start of the Archive display. Room two was closed due to a delay in the arrival of several props and costumes but we were told they should be here and on display for the final day of the show. Sheesh.. we leave tomorrow! First up are Lightsaber hilts from across the Saga.

Next, we have weapons and accessories from across the saga.

Lastly, helmets from the Original Trilogy.

From Diznee Planet this fall comes the first of many oversized statues featuring favorites dressed in Star Wars outfits. Here, we have Nickey Rodent as a Jedi Knight and also avail for the first assortment (but of course not shown) will be Millie Rodent as Princess Leia. Yeah, yeah.. we know.. "no photo again?".. well good grief, gripe at them will ya! I was bummed too!

On my way out for the day, I stopped a fan who had purchased the Mupp-Con Exclusive Leia statue and asked what he thought of it and the show. "Wow.. it was really groovy. I had to wait three hours in line for my Leia but it's all good... this is the extra exclusive inclusive version for the show and is limited to 15 so I couldn't pass it up." Stunned, I could only inquire carefully.. "Why three hours if they are limited to 15?" his response was of course.. "They were finishing them out back and then applying the sticker with the number on it and I was holding out for a low number."
Well, what should I expect.. actually, I thought he was in costume as a Cantina alien.. he corrected me saying he had just gotten over a bad rash and wasn't quite back to normal. I thought he was going to hit me with the statue but it seemed to just go over his head that quickly and he began his 20 minute tale about the exclusive. He did tell me that he got in line for the show around 3:30 two weeks ago so that may have something to do with it. Oh well...

Well, that about wraps is up but before we go, I would like to thank you for joining us at this first look and hope to see you at Celebration 22 next fall. We plan to do a big production number to celebrate the 42nd anniversary of the Original screenplay with a rousing tribute and sweeping musical finale'... and remember... stay green and May the Frog be with you! Yeaaaaaaah!

muppetperson

Reaction score
What on Earth is this thread you stirrer! I thought I had missed out on a Muppet Convention.

anakin

Reaction score
Just something I did for some of my star wars forums and thought you all would enjoy it as well. guess I have some time on my hands, eh?:embarrassed:

Pork

Reaction score
ha ha ha, that made me laugh.

anakin

Reaction score
I cant believe someone actually had the nerve to edit my post!
sheesh...........

Luke

Reaction score
Well the thread title was a bit misleading, i can see why one of the mods changed it. I thought it was about a Muppet convention.

anakin

Reaction score
good grief.. it was a parody! muppets are famous for that... I was having some fun with the camera and my figures and thought everyone would enjoy it. if there was such an event it would have been announced officially and there has never been such a thing. i wasnt trying to "stir threads" i thought it was clever and fun. i have been a member of the site in good standing and I would think that I deserve the respect to be at least addressed about a thread before editing it.

muppetperson

Reaction score
When you look at it, it is basically a parody of a Star Wars convention that kermit is reporting on.The new title makes more sense.