Star Wars Muppet figures next?

beaker

Reaction score
Now that weve seen Indiana Jones Kermit come to being...what other licences could Palisades partner with? While we have the MAMMA robot, Id love to see a proper Star Wars parody character. Even if it's Kermit related. So far we have Sesame News Reporter Kermit, Indiana Frog, tuxedo Kermit, etc...would love to see other ones as well.
Who else here would love to see a Darth Nader or other kind of Star Wars parody figure?

jediX

Reaction score
That Swinetrek display is NOT complete w/o a Dirth Nader.:concern:

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
Now that weve seen Indiana Jones Kermit come to being...what other licences could Palisades partner with?
He's NOT Indiana Jones Kermit, he's Adventurer Kermit. There's a big difference between them ...... about $50,000 in George Lucas' bank account!

jediX

Reaction score
Yea, it was in the Muppets @ WDW special, so I guess that's how they got around it...:smirk:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
ive been meaning to ask, whats up with that adventurer kermit? can i get it, or is it an exclusive, or just for show?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Adventure Kermit will be a show exclusive this year, meaning that anyone attending any of the various collector's shows this year will be able to purchase it. Palisades Collectors Club members will be able to purchase it through the website. You may be able to hook up with someone at the Palisades Message Board or here who would be able to help you out if you're not a club member yourself.

And about the Star Wars figures...I'd love to see them, but I'm not counting on it. Muppets have done SW parodies a few times, but where this treads into merchandising $, I think Lucas might be a little more guarded. Even though I think HE'D like to see it too. A Dirth Nader/Princess Piggy/Kermit Skywalker would make me all sorts of excited. And Crazy. :crazy:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Rights are weird...Like plumming....But anyways it make's me think...So Palisades has the rights to "The Muppets at Walt Disney world" then. Do they have thew right's the The Jim Henson Hour yet?

Do they have the right's to It's a Very Merry Muppet Chritmas or Kermit's Swamp Years? I know i've heard they didn't when the movie's came out, but there seems to be a jump on there maybeing figures from this whole Wizard of Oz thing and the rumored movie hasn't even began fliming from what we know of yet, or that it's "sure" come out.

You can say it's "Adventure Kermit" and not Indiana Jones Kermit until your blue in the face...But then can't you say it's "Dirth Nader Gonzo" from The Muppet Show, and not Darth Vader from Star Wars" too? :confused: :smirk:

Gonzo

Reaction score
From what I've understood about what Ken said, if they wanted a character from any particular Muppet program, they'd be able to get them. For example, even though they may not technically have the rights to the Jim Henson Hour, if they wanted to make a Digit figure, Henson would likely let them do it. Same could be said for just about anything except for the Star Wars parodies...and even they may be negotiable.

Anything Is Possible, eh?

:embarrassed:

jediX

Reaction score
Then again, MAMMA, although it's own entity, had to have been intended as a parody of R2D2 back when it was created (IE; Kermit: "Looks like a fugitive from Star Wars") - and they made it. So who knows--I'd buy a whole case of SW Muppets just to use in my SW figure room. The odds are low, but who expected to see an Adventure Kermit? :zany:

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
He's NOT Indiana Jones Kermit, he's Adventurer Kermit. There's a big difference between them ...... about $50,000 in George Lucas' bank account!
Oh, youre serious. Dang. There was no doubt in my mind that somehow Palisades got the rights, weird. Heck just look at Muppets@WDW. So prey tell, what episode is Adv Kermit from? And who are we kidding? Its Indiana Kermit down to the little accessories and Gonzo idol. I think that is why "Koozebane Kermit" didnt come with a hat, as then hed be NewsReporter Kermit from Sesame Street.