Starting in College in 6,5,4,3,2...

Vibs

Reaction score
.. Soon! in 6 days I'll have to start in College (or Gymnasium as we call it in denmark) and I'm really raelly nervous and it's really really stupid because I shouldn't be so trembling - But I am.

My last year was somewhat a bad year, it was boring and the people in my class - I never really got along with them. *Sigh* And I'm afraid that the next 3 years in my life is gonna be like that too. I know I shouldn't expect the worst but I happen to. The main reason I'm nervous, is that I'm having a hard time telling people that I don't think drinking and drinking and drinking and drinking is fun. In my old class, life was more or less about drinking and whatever happens when you are drunk and it just isn't me! I don't wanna end up being known as the "Outsider" or "The Girl That Doesn't Drink And Therefore Is Boring" (I know it sounds crazy)... it's just... The last thing one wants to be known as is boring I guess. But why are you boring because you don't base your life on drinking? .. Okay girl, calm down. I guess I just need to get better at telling people what I really think and not just try and avoid the subject right?
... Anyway... Anyone else who is trembling or nervous about something? :stick_out_tongue:

~Vibs

luvtosr

Reaction score
Not really, but I was nervous when I first went to College. Strangely I moved across the country and ended up sharing the halls with someone who lives real close to me.

I'm sure you'll be just fine, people grow up, (usually), and they'll stop being obsessed with stupid things. ]

Good luck anyway :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You're going to college at 16? That's odd. So does that mean we won't be seeing you as much anymore?

luvtosr

Reaction score
I bet it's like over here. We finish school at 16 the go on to College then after that we go to University but sometimes we still call Uni college. I shoulda looked at Vibs' age but still, when I went to College it was pretty cool. At least everyone there opted to be there.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**hugs Vibs** You don't have to coform to the general opinion of what some other group thinks is fun. You'll be more comfortable if you stick by your own standards. What's right for them isn't necessarily what's gonna be right for you.
You'll find someone who can apprieciate the fact that you've made a choice not to drink (or at least from what I can tell, not to binge drink), and they'll respect that you were strong enough to make that choice and keep it.
And you are DEFINATELY not boring! You just life your life by different standars. You've said that that life is not for you. So just remember that when you're having a hard time getting though the day, that what you're doing is right for you. And if you find someday that what you're doing isn't right for you anymmore, try to find out what it. But do it for yourself, not for others who have dumb expectations of you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Really? Must be a different in other countries. Here the U.S, you're usually in the 11th grade when you're 16.

Vibs

Reaction score
Just to clear up the confusion:

It is really not called "College" but "Gymnasium" which has absolutly nothing to do with exercises hehe! We are in "Grundskole" (groundschool-ish?) from the age of 6/7 to 15/16 years old. Then we go to the Gymnasium or another sort of education. hope that helped, and thanks everybody! :smile:

Ernie101

Reaction score
Well, first of all I would like to tell you it is fun to learn something new.

Second of all, why don't you pop by the Hugs and Kisses thread for a Hug!

and lastly, Don't sweat it to much, when I started "highschool" I was really worried of that. Hopefully you will find a lot of new friends their, and if I am right ..you WILL! I wish you the best of luck and I hope that this new experience is good for you.

Drake.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I personally really don't like college. At all. Everything they say about it being a good time is totally false in my situation. Sucks. I'd much rather be home with my family and friends than away without anyone.

But, if everyone says that its something special, there's gotta be something to it. Enjoy yourself!

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
I personally really don't like college. At all. Everything they say about it being a good time is totally false in my situation. Sucks.
Glad I didn't go, LoL.