Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Amicus said:
true, Disney doesn't always have a good grip on their own stuff but the Henson kids and Jane are 100% involved as well and are currently securing the future for the Muppets.
They're in the planning stages of the new show as well as many live appearences.
Well, Jane and Heather Henson did participate in the week long Florida workshop, but as far as I heard their involvement was only to educate the selected new Muppeteers on the history of the Henson Company.

As far as I know they have no decision making power anymore since they sold the company.

All decisions are up to Debbie McClellan and Martin Baker. Unless you've heard otherwise.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Finally got around to seeing the latest S&W poking fun at Superman and the 4th of July.
Enjoyable yes, but I didn't find it funny this week.

rtgentry

Reaction score
what is up with Waldorf. Did he get a face lift or botox or something?? Also do the puppets look dirty or dingy to yall.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
rtgentry said:
what is up with Waldorf. Did he get a face lift or botox or something?? Also do the puppets look dirty or dingy to yall.
To me they look a bit different, maybe they are old puppets.
Waldorf to me looks darker in shade.
And Statler's face looks poorly built or worn.

Still, it's got to be super hard to replicate these.

Remember gang, Disney's Muppets are now built by www.puppetheap.com,
The Jim Henson Company lost the contract to build Disney's Muppets, the Henson Company was asking to much moolah.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think they're NEW puppets, but I believe it's new guys doing S&W and they're doing a great job. Sometimes it's off quite a bit, and I wish they'd slow down their speech patterns a little like it was back on TMS. They just talk too fast for their age, I think. Jim and Richard did it best.

Hopefully, the newbies won't be giving in to the corporate and will help preserve the feelings and emotions Jim Henson used to evoke when he was alive.

Beauregard

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
Remember gang, Disney's Muppets are now built by www.puppetheap.com,
The Jim Henson Company lost the contract to build Disney's Muppets, the Henson Company was asking to much moolah.
*stunned silence*

Beg pardon?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Muppet Pro said:
I was watching that apperance with The Muppets on ET with Muppets Spotlight and I don't know how long it is but it seemed new. Steve and Dave still do Statler & Waldorf. When It comes to "From The Balcony", Is they're seperate performers from LA that perform only for those or......
Double beg double pardon??

Beauregard

Reaction score
Muppet Pro said:
I was watching that apperance with The Muppets on ET with Muppets Spotlight....
Wait...Muppet's Spotlight? What was this exactly? And where did it appear?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ahh! We found that randomly and talked about it in this thread, "http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=27488"

So...where did this appear originally? Does anyone know?