Statler & Waldorf on Teen Titans?

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
The Hecklers on Teen Titans

I was watching Teen Titans the other day, the episode called "Bunny Raven..."
The Teen Titans were captured by The Amazing Mumbo and turned into animals to perform in his magic show. In the balcony there were two distinct parodies of Statler and Waldorf. There are probably some Muppet fans in the writing staff for the Teen Titans.

Xerus

Reaction score
I too thought those two old hecklers resembled Waldorf and Statler with those bad puns. Also that Mumbo go-fer telling everyone to get ready reminded me a lot of Scooter.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I didn't notice that. Maybe the whole episode is a parody of The Muppet Show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow...this, I gotta see. Too bad I have to wait a year to catch it on Kid's WB reruns....

Allong with the refference on the new TMNT a while back (Mikey quoted Kermit's "Not easy bein' Green" line) It looks like a few cooler shows are making Muppet refferences.

And you can bank on it, when I get a show, you'll hear at least one refference every other episode!

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I've been noticing lately that there are a lot of references to the Muppets if you look hard enough. There was one in the first Shrek DVD when Shrek is interviewd on "What's it like being green?"

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I saw it Saturday, I think most of it was a tribute to the Muppet Show, but especially the hecklers. Keep an eye on Cartoon Network because they will show reruns close to the original air dates, on a side note; I really like Teen Titans and I thought this episode was really well done, fans of the Muppets or not.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
I didn't notice that. Maybe the whole episode is a parody of The Muppet Show.
Actually only Mumbo's act at the end is parodying The Muppet Show. Did anyone notice that Mumbo's theme in that episode sound like the Muppet Show theme (it's in the background)? I love that episode! :big_grin:

Violia

Reaction score
I'll have to re-watch it when it's on again, Bunny Raven is so cute!

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
An interesting appearance...

The Cartoon Network runs a show on Saturdays at 8pm EST called Teen Titans and in one particular episode of theirs titled Bunny Raven... Or How To Make A Titanimal Disappear, there's a part where two hecklers up in a theatre balcony look suspiciously like Statler and Waldorf in zany The Muppet Show fashion. Wait... A screengrab, here:

Hmm?