Stephen King's "It"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The book is really good, but for those of you older folks in the crowd, if you've read the book and liked it, don't see the movie; it'll sorta drop the reading value of the book. The movie is an embarrassment. Both IT and The Stand are great books, but don't see the movie it was based off of. It'll ruin how u felt about the books.
Aren't a lot of King's works like that though? His books usually are creepy/good to read and when made into a movie, they usually are bad. The only exception in Misery.

But for the record, I did see IT years ago. I've seen bits and pieces recently. All I can say is, clowns scare me!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Then you have not seen Pet Semetary. I would acutally recoment people watch the movie instead of reading the book. If you have read the book then there is no point in watching the movie because Stephen King wrote the screenplay and the movie is almost identical to the book minus some non important scenes and an extended ending that goes slightly beyond the book (and by slightly I mean slightly) On the plus side theres the awsome song By the Ramones during the end credits :big_grin:

But Back to IT. I have read the book. It is extremely long and BORING. Yes, I said Boring. King is notorious for babbling, but he takes it to a whole new levelin this book. I never did undertand the thing about the turtle :stick_out_tongue: But maybe because I never get scared from books. Movies yes, but books...never been scared over a book in my life.

I have seen bits of the movie, but I have never seen allof it. But one scene I did see still makes me scared of drains... :embarrassed: