Steve Whitmire as Kermit on Sesame Street

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere that Steve started playing Kermit for SST during season 28 in 1996.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Not counting a guest spot in season 40, I believe the last official time Kermit was on SS was in 2001.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much. After that it got to a point where the only time we ever saw Kermit was the annual "Do De Rubber Duck."

Too bad the Disney deal took place before the release of A CELEBRATION OF ME, GROVER, even though there were a couple of glimpses of Kermit in retrospect, it could have been nice if he made a special appearance at the Flyer's Club Roost since it's been said Kermit's the only one who has enough patience to be Grover's friend.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much. After that it got to a point where the only time we ever saw Kermit was the annual "Do De Rubber Duck."

Too bad the Disney deal took place before the release of A CELEBRATION OF ME, GROVER, even though there were a couple of glimpses of Kermit in retrospect, it could have been nice if he made a special appearance at the Flyer's Club Roost since it's been said Kermit's the only one who has enough patience to be Grover's friend.
Although,I think even before the Disney deal, Kermit stopped appearing on SST in 2001 due to Sesame Workshop buying the rights to the show's muppet characters and the Jim Henson Company being bought by a german company called EMT.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot about that German company. Boy, those were some awkward years for the Muppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like Kermit segments were becoming scarce before The Jim Henson Company sold the characters to Sesame Workshop. I watched season 30 almost every day and felt like the appearances of old Kermit segments were few and far between (they showed Kermit and Joey singing the alphabet, ABCs of the Swamp, Carribian Amphibian, and a few News Flashes, including Rupunzel, Christopher Columbus, Peter Piper, and Sleeping Beauty putting the prince to sleep).

Back in the 2000s, when the only Kermit material shown was Do De Rubber Duck and Everybody Be Yo'Self, where Kermit is really just part of the gang, I wonder if kids felt confused, seeing Kermit there when he wasn't shown much, when he's much more familiar as part of the Muppets. Were the kids of the 2000s confused when they saw new Sesame Street DVDs that featured Kermit segments, particularly ones that had multiple Kermit segments? Ditto for if they saw older videos that had Kermit in them. Or would they just be excited to see Kermit on Sesame Street (when I was a kid, I was excited to suddenly see Pee-Wee Herman reciting the alphabet and making a couple cameos in the "Put Down the Duckie" number, and was happy to see The Simpsons show up for a cameo in "Monster in the Mirror").