1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

I think Link will go to Peter, whereas Newsman and Beaker will go to Rudman

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, Rudman makes sense for Beaker. Still not sure about the Newsman. Perhaps @newsmanfan has some spiritual insight. Some Newsman intuition, if you will. ;)

3. Muppetboy09

I think his voice for Chicago the Lion would work for the Newsman, just toned down a bit deeper

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it could work. A lot of David's characters have that same manic energy about them.

5. monkeyjb1988

monkeyjb1988 Active Member

Never even thought of them. Will be interesting to see.

6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

7. Muppetboy09

That's the same one that was linked a couple pages back from the LA Times.

8. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

o welp you get to watch it again

9. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I showed this video to my sister. She thinks Matt is getting better, but she doesn't know what to make of Miss Piggy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Miss Piggy is out of character!

EDIT: I wanted to add something my sister told me this afternoon. She said all the broo-ha-ha we were having over Steve and Disney reminded her of the Insane Brony community. She's a fan of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, and she can't stand the antics of the Insane Bronies. Me, I don't like FiM, and I can't stand the Insane Bronies and their antics (keep this in mind, I don't think all bronies are bad, which is why I use "insane" in front of the word).

Yorick likes this.
  10. BobbyBenson64

BobbyBenson64 Well-Known Member

imo -
    Link - Peter Linz
    Beaker - David Rudman
    Newsman - I honestly don't know but given recent social media uploads he seems to be in the show so maybe Bill, Peter, or possibly even Eric. Who knows though maybe Tyler Bunch or someone has an incredible Newsman under their sleeve.

As for Kermit, I think Matt will make a fine Kermit but he's not there yet, I also think both Steve and Jim where great as Kermit and I believe Matt will follow in the footsteps of both of them.

11. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

I agree. He is definitely improving.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  12. Muppetboy09

Now that you mention it, Bill seems like a fair contender. When looking at Jim's version of the newsman, the voice was very similar to Waldorf, so if you wanted to stay consistent with the recasts, it would be Dave Goelz (but I know that won't be the case)

EDIT: I also just remembered that Beaker had an appearance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, so whoever performed him there has likely been cast as him for almost a year now. Can't make out who it it, though.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

I think Matt makes a fine Kermit already, but all of Steve's fans are not there yet. JMO

14. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

A lot of them are, you just don't realize it yet.

scooterfan360 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  15. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

On the subject of David Rudman as Beaker,

I could easily see that. But at the end of the day, it's really easy just to imitate him saying "MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP MEEP" over and over.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Since he has done well with Guy Smiley I would not be to surprised if Eric took over The Newsman.

17. Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg Well-Known Member

I just watched the interview video now, and I have to say, I'm impressed! To me, this is the closest we've gotten to Jim's Kermit since, well, Jim. Way to go, Matt!

Muppy, Censored and scooterfan360 like this.
  18. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Amen!

19. Muppetboy09

It's totally possible, but that depends how...erm, accurate to his last portrayal Disney wants the character to be. IMO, Eric Jacobson as Guy Smiley was a drastic change in the character's voice. Obviously, now we've adjusted, but it was quite a shock to the senses when his new voice first debuted. I feel like it would be the same with the Newsman (no offense to Eric).

gavry3 likes this.
  20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I dissagree.. He is just not bringing any personally to Kermit.

Yorick, gavry3 and xSunnyEclipse like this.