1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by GonzoMan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, Disney was supposedly working on that Halloween special years ago but ended up shelving it.

2. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Active Member

No! Just when he proved himself worthy of being the next Link Hogthrob in the new Pigs in Space shorts?!

Okay, so Kermit has been recast, but what about his other characters--Rizzo, Beaker, Bean, Statler, Link, Ernie--who should perform them?

3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Nah, that's dumb. They need to stick to doing innocuous, 11 second videos each week.

[/sarcasm]

4. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

That's really a shame. While I'm glad there was no "big scandal" that led to his departure, it is really sad to see him go while he's fighting for the Muppets we know and love. As always, I wish the best to Matt as we slowly approach Monday.

scooterfan360 and JimAndFrank like this.
  5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Steve's departure, his words, his actions... they're all starting to hit me deeper. It sometimes takes me a bit longer to emotionally process things - especially shocking news.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I just want to give that man a big hug right now.

6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Well they've done that and they never end up being great. That Gaga misfire was the worst.

7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I hope he's talking about stuff like Muppets Wizard of Oz and VMX, because I really liked Muppets 2011 and MMW. So sad that he got kicked out doing something right.

scooterfan360 and JimAndFrank like this.
  8. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

9. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

I thought The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and Muppets Take Manhattan had just as many humans in it as the 2011 movie if not more with some of them. Muppets Christmas Carol the main character was Michael Caine a human.

one of my favorite scenes in the 2011 movie was when Kermit and Fozzie were sleeping in hammocks talking before bed it just felt Muppets To me and there were a lot of scenes throughout the 2011 movie and Muppets Most Wanted that felt like classic Muppets,

10. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Steve has posted another blog, and he mentions about the direction the Muppets are going in, and that he should of stuck up for them more, and
    maybe he would of gone sooner. That is the strongest clue as to why Disney recast him.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  11. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

12. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

UGH, yes! So much. :cry:

scooterfan360 likes this.
  13. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I wish DrTooth was here to offer his viewpoints.

Muppet Master and muppetgem like this.
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

So thankful that Steve has been regularly updating fans on his new blog about his thoughts. He has three new entries, and they are quite illuminating and telling.

Steve Whitmire IS Kermit the Frog. Kermit is the soul of the Muppets, and Kermit just had his soul ripped out by the corporate bigwigs at Disney. If people want to continue supporting such a company, Im not one to judge.

If Jim Henson had overcome his untimely sickness in 1990, and managed to sell to Disney as he had envisioned in say the early 1990s...but then Disney management kicked Jim Henson out of his own creation...would people be supporting Disney? Let that one sink in.

15. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

In my opinion the first 3 films where using the cameos wisely and not just chucking in Ross Lynch for 2 seconds

16. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me. I kind of had the feeling it had to do with creative differences. For some reason, I've been feeling Disney has been spitting on Jim's legacy (this is my own opinion, please keep that in mind).

17. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

That is unfortunate that he specifically offered to do the characters without giving any more creative input or pushback, and Disney refused.

Powerstars and muppetlover123 like this.
  18. ChickyBoy37

ChickyBoy37 Well-Known Member

First of all I just want to go for the record that I never have anything against Matt Vogel, I have always enjoyed his recent performance with the muppets. and Second what would have happened if Jim Henson Sold to Company before he Passed on?

19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

The deal with Jim and Disney was supposed to be different then the current situation. Henson would have still have some creative control. With this new deal Disney owns everything and controls everything creative wise.

Muppet Master likes this.
  20. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

If that was the ORIGINAL DEAL, then why didn't Henson fought for that when Disney tried again to buy the Muppets ?