Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/di...conduct/ar-BBEBF64?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

From what it sounds like to me Whitmire thought he owned the character. Disney is quoted as saying Whitmire made it difficult to go forward with projects he would constantly complain that they were taking the character in a direction that Whitmire didn't feel was in the Muppet spirit. basically this could be why we haven't gotten any new Muppet Content in a long while like TV Shows and Movies. In Whitmire's defense I loved Kermit in Muppets 2011, Muppets Most Wanted, and the ABC Muppets 2015 Show. but in Disneys defense I loved Muppets 2011, Muppets Most Wanted, and the ABC Muppets 2015 Show. If all True Whitmire comes off as An Egotistical Self centered Jerk who let It go to his Head and Thought he owned the Muppets and Kermit.

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
I feel so bad for Steve right now. He was just trying to defend what he's been apart of for so long. Maybe he overstepped boundaries, and I recognize that, but he also was just trying to make sure everything was done right.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
I feel bad for Steve to an extent. An EXTENT.

I don't believe Disney would make up reasons for letting him go and I'm sure they did what they could to keep him around; firing the man who took over Kermit The Frog from Jim Henson I'm sure wasn't an easy decision for them. And I'm positive that's why it took this long for it to happen.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I feel so bad for Steve right now. He was just trying to defend what he's been apart of for so long. Maybe he overstepped boundaries, and I recognize that, but he also was just trying to make sure everything was done right.
But when you work for a big Studio you gotta listen to your boss He Is not In charge. Kinda reminds me of The Phil Lorde and Christopher Miller Han Solo Movie, Those two were changing the Script left and Right, I am ok with a little Improve like, Leia: Han I love You. Han Solo: I know. but changing the script totally I don't like that and the Han Solo movie apparently The Directors were turning Han into Ace Ventura Han Detective that is Ridiculous I agree with Disney for Firing them Ron Howard was a great choice and Is one of my favorite Directors! I think It Is very telling what Henson's Daughter said. May now we might hear rumors about new movies and TV sounds like he was holding that back from happening.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I can understand where he was coming from. I mean the TV show had stuff the you never really thought was possible, like Sam the Eagle having a Crush on Janice for starters.
I wasn't too bothered by that idea - except when it got creepy (Sam following Janice home - yuck!)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't know if I want to watch that.

I'm getting to the point where I don't really want to hear much more of this. Not in a "sticking my head in the ground ala an ostritich / ignore the problem and it'll go away" type of way, just it's too much of an emotional rollercoaster of incomplete information.