Steve Whitmire in Sunday's paper

Mykol Gantt

Reaction score
I was just browsing around the internet and found a bit of movie promotion. The PARADE magazine of this Sunday's paper will feature an interview and profile of Kermit's alter ego. James Brady talks to Steve in the In Step With section about the new movie and many other things. PARADE is available in most Sunday newspapers. Their is a snippet of their talk at PARADE
Just click on the In Step With icon.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Sorry, pal, I beat ya. For my part, I'm waiting for the day when some savvy reporter looks at that green sock and asks Steve, "Shouldn't you be wearing that on your *foot*?" :wink:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
does there always have to be three topics on the same thing? lol! but that's okay, its good if anyone missed it. I actual beat both of you too "atleast in another thread";-)

Zack)Rowlf the, the early beagle gets the paper,chases the paper boy away, then chews it up before his master can read it,Dog.

Mykol Gantt

Reaction score
PR Blitz

At least Henson is pulling out all the stops to promote this thing. I'm actually surprized at the amount of attention the new tv movie is getting. The last 3 Muppet features never had it this good!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
...and the last 3 muppet films didn't follow the 25th anniversary of the Muppet Show.

Kind of like the whole marketing bruhaha that followed Charles Schulz's death and the promotion of "Peanuts."

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'VE COPIED THE ARTICLE HERE!

By the way, it's not the whole article, and there is a cute pic of Steve and Kermit:

In this week’s issue, James Brady talks with Steve Whitmire, who took over from Muppets creator Jim Henson as the voice of Kermit the Frog. Kermit and his pals star in “It’s A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie” on NBC this week along with a bevy of Hollywood stars. The puppets and the actors filmed their lines live in Vancouver. Was it necessary for everybody to be in the same place?

“Jim always felt strongly about doing the voices live,” says Whitmire. “They’re characters, not just puppets.” One star who won’t be appearing in the movie, however, is rapper Snoop Dogg, who filmed a scene with Kermit that was cut during the editing process.

Twelve years after Henson’s death, his company still fashions its own puppets, costumes, wigs and the like. Miss Piggy gets the most frequent updating since her hairdo has to keep up with the trends. When he was starting out as a puppeteer, Whitmire used to make his own puppets, but these days he’s more focused on performing and leaves the puppet building to others at the Jim Henson Company. “I realized there are people here better at it,” he explains.

To find out how Steve Whitmire got his job playing Kermit the Frog, check out this week's "In Step With."