Still no The Christmas Toy on region 1 DVD yet???

Rugby

Reaction score
Are we ever going to see this happen? What is HIT! Entertainment waiting for? I thought it would be out by now. Anybody know if there are plans for this release?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This past Summer I was lucky enough to find the VHS release of it at a yard sale, but who owns it? Kermit's in it, but does Disney own the other characters? Or do they still belong to Henson?

Rugby

Reaction score
Taking out Kermit is a deal breaker, so they need to work this out and get this thing released or forget it. Otherwise I'll have to figure out some way to make my own DVD from my VHS tape.

BEAR

Reaction score
Rugby said:
Taking out Kermit is a deal breaker, so they need to work this out and get this thing released or forget it. Otherwise I'll have to figure out some way to make my own DVD from my VHS tape.
Forget about the DVD! Atleast you're lucky enough to have the tape.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Sad, sad story

I too wish they would release this! I taped it off TV in the long-ago days gone by (back when it first aired), and then--tragedy!--I later accidently taped over it. I was so SURE I had enough room on the tape before "Christmas Toy" began. . . .

Nothing will relieve this pang of regret till the program is released again and I can own and watch it once more . . . (um, legally--I'm not asking for Xth-generation copies :smile:).

BEAR

Reaction score
VHS copies of this are available on ebay. I've seen several. Some for as little as $7.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Oh, wait--

I forgot my obligatory reference to my fantasy "Jim Henson Collection" DVD box set, which would feature numerous shows and commericals and short films from Jim Henson--if we can't get "The Christmas Toy" otherwise, it would fit into that set, with all the great Jim Henson productions that don't seem likely to see release on their own (like Time Piece, The Cube, La Choy Dragon ads, Wilkins ads, non-Storyteller segments from the Jim Henson Hour, assorted specials and such).

Maybe if I keep mentioning this dream set someone will actually give it to us.

(And Bear, personally I try to avoid ebay, but for the legitimate VHS release of this I'm tempted.)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
DTWolf said:
I taped it off TV in the long-ago days gone by (back when it first aired), and then--tragedy!--I later accidently taped over it. Nothing will relieve this pang of regret till the program is released again and I can own and watch it once more
I feel your pain. I used to watch The Christmas Toy on tape all the time as a kid. It was one of my favorites. But I was also a little afraid of it, the dark hallway shots, the toys freezing etc. So ::gulp:: I taped it over! I still really wish I hadn't done that, even though I was only 5 at the time.

Btw, it is available for viewing at The Museum of TV and Radio.

Rugby

Reaction score
" But I was also a little afraid of it, the dark hallway shots, the toys freezing etc."

LOL!!! I never saw it as a really little kid. I was older the first time I saw it, but can still understand what you mean. We're actually watching it right now. If anybody at MC has any pull or influence, could you please work some magic and see what you can do about getting HIT to put this on DVD?