Stories: "Ira and Inez", "Legend of Lady Linda"

Splurge

Reaction score
One record album I have has a bunch of Sesame Street stories that were used on the show. Usually, these were the kind of skits that were narrated by Bob (or Maria or another human) and usually acted out by the Anything Muppets. Highlights that people here should be familiar with included: "The King's Problem", "The King and the Fireman" ("oh, woe is me!" :smile: ), and "The King Banishes the Letter P".

Well, in the story of "Ira and Inez", based on the letter "I", the voices heard are Jim (in a Rowlf voice), Frank (Piggy voice) and Caroll (in a Dudley Do-Right type voice.) I'm guessing that it must have begun in the 1st season if Caroll is playing a part other than Big Bird and Oscar. Anyway, I wonder if anyone remembers seeing this skit visually and has any memory of what it looked like (the Muppets, the sets, whatever).

I pose a similar question with another story called "The Legend of the Lovely Lady Linda".(not Bove) In this story, the villian is Caroll using an Oscar voice. I don't know whether that was an Anything Muppet or Oscar himself in the story.

I've posted this before a long while ago. But since new members are always joining, I figure, what's the harm, someone new may know.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Splurge said:
I pose a similar question with another story called "The Legend of the Lovely Lady Linda".(not Bove) In this story, the villian is Caroll using an Oscar voice. I don't know whether that was an Anything Muppet or Oscar himself in the story.
One of my old SS books has this story in it, and it's definitely NOT Oscar. :wink: :grouchy: