Street Gang Booksigning

Mike Johnson

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new here although I've been lurking for years. With the recent Emmet Otter Musical, the Whatnot store and the Street Gang book, my interest and love in all things Henson has been stoked.

Last night, I attended the Street Gang signing in NYC with Michael Davis, Carol Spinney (who brought Oscar along), Michael Cerf and Roscoe Orman. Sonia Manzano was also in attendance and took part in the discussion briefly.

Here's the plug (and I apologize if this isn't allowed), I've posted the audio from the discussion and a few photos on the website I work for http://www.pwipop.com. Feel free to enjoy the audio, which is in MP3 and windows media form.

Thanks!

Michael

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new here although I've been lurking for years. With the recent Emmet Otter Musical, the Whatnot store and the Street Gang book, my interest and love in all things Henson has been stoked.

Last night, I attended the Street Gang signing in NYC with Michael Davis, Carol Spinney (who brought Oscar along), Michael Cerf and Roscoe Orman. Sonia Manzano was also in attendance and took part in the discussion briefly.

Here's the plug (and I apologize if this isn't allowed), I've posted the audio from the discussion and a few photos on the website I work for http://www.pwipop.com. Feel free to enjoy the audio, which is in MP3 and windows media form.

Thanks!

Michael
Thanks for link, Michael. I'm sorry I missed the book signing but I work nowhere near Lincoln Center and I was exhausted yesterday after first day back at work after the holiday weekend. You know I was too tired to miss this kind of opportunity. Was it very crowded?

Mike Johnson

Reaction score
There were about 150-200 people there. Barnes & Noble doesn't have a big space for the discussions/signings. I'd describe it as full but not overflowing. The signing took awhile as everyone was taking time to talk to the panel as they made their way across the table and Caroll Spinney was being nice enough to sketch Big Bird in the books he signed. It was a really nice event - I'm really excited for the NJ event on the 30th now.

Mike

Thanks for link, Michael. I'm sorry I missed the book signing but I work nowhere near Lincoln Center and I was exhausted yesterday after first day back at work after the holiday weekend. You know I was too tired to miss this kind of opportunity. Was it very crowded?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
There were about 150-200 people there. Barnes & Noble doesn't have a big space for the discussions/signings. I'd describe it as full but not overflowing. The signing took awhile as everyone was taking time to talk to the panel as they made their way across the table and Caroll Spinney was being nice enough to sketch Big Bird in the books he signed. It was a really nice event - I'm really excited for the NJ event on the 30th now.

Mike
Very cool, Mike. Thanks for telling us about it. I met Carroll Spinney once briefly and missed him on his book tour but I have a Big Bird drawing he sent me after I wrote to him a few years back. Also sent me a nice autographed picture of Oscar and a nice card/letter. Looking forward to seeing him again.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks!

Michael
I have to add very funny, fun and informative discussion. Very funny about the music rights to "Letter B", and very boy was that Jon Stone quite the joker on the set! All kind of good stuff!