stuck in the ol' rut

buckshot

Reaction score
man...since we had my daughter i've totally been stuck in a puppet-making-rut. i have a few ideas (still want to finish that "recycled" puppet), but alas...no time.

what do you guys do when you get stuck in a building rut? maybe not even due to time...maybe because of writer's block, etc.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I think it was Charles Schultz who said "Writer's block? Writer's block is for amateurs." :stick_out_tongue:

Seriously though, it's good to look at non-puppet things for awhile - comics, TV, art, anything really. I sometimes head down to the art gallery to get ideas for things or browse at my local bookstore.

Yahnke

Reaction score
i know this isn't quite the same thing as building a puppet, but i have to write a new sermon every other week (i'm still studying to be a pastor). Sometimes, i hit a writer's block. What i do is just plow through it! really. keep the lines primed. So what if it is not your best work. It was the best you had at that time. You'll have other chances. really, this isn't great advice...so i'm begining to wonder why i am even posting this :confused:

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Fantastic advice, Yahnke.

The only cure for writers block (or builders block) is just to carry on and do something. If you're just exhausted by the prospect of building, I'd take a breather like Buck Beaver suggests.

-SF

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I've found that a good cure is a frying pan to the head...... but, that might explain some of the characaters I've created too. :zany: :stick_out_tongue:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Awww *sniff, sniff* :cry:

Thanks Buck! By-The-Way.... love your new web site!