Summer In The Theater

Xerus

Reaction score
That was truly a great story with a good ending. Congratulations on such a fine job. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*jaw drops*

Excellent! The ending was just Perfectimosy!!! Robin found his star, and you cut away before we saw it, and ThAT was the most ponient moment in the world.

I'll work up a more detailed reveiw when I am not so tired.

But, as for extras, I'd like to see some deleted scenes. Especially if you have any that develop Miss Bad Gal a lil more.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
a suggestion

I think it is too bad that we didn't get to see if Kermit testified against the criminal in court. Otherwise, great story.

I kept expecting the shadowy figure to turn out to be the bum that kermit would give som change to after leaving the theatre.

Was Jen Lyons named after anybody, or did you make her name up?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
You know... there's no way to answer that last question without sounding completely insane...
...well, I'll risk it...
One night, when I was supposed to be doing my homework, my mind drifted away to this story. I was wondering what the figure's name was. I closed my eyes, and I saw the figure in my head. Not the person I described in this last chapter, just The Figure that we've seen the entire rest of the story. And the figure sort of leaned towards me, and it whispered, "jen". And I thought, "NO! GO AWAY! I CAN'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE YET! I SHOULD BE DOING MY HOMEWORK!" So that's where Jen came from. And Lyons, well... I flipped through my yearbook... and I said, "Hm, Lyons, that works." So, yeah, that's how I got Jen Lyons. I should have warned you, my mind is a scary place to explore.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Because I can't stand to wait...

We interrupt this program for a brief message from our sponsor.

<screen goes all static-y>

<static clears, and we see what appears to be a typical morning around the breakfast table at the Muppet Boarding House.>

Kermit: Everyone ready for the show tonight?

Clifford: We will be if I can fix that light in time.

Rizzo: Well maybe you wouldn't have to keep fixin' so much if you'd stop breakin' it.

Pepe: Hey be nice to him, okay. You don't have to remind him that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Clifford: What! Hey, get back here, you two!

Kermit: Sheesh...

<phone rings>

Kermit: I'll get it! <picks up phone> Hello?... Mags! Hey! How are ya?... Okay... Is she- oh... hang on a sec, Maggie- Animal! Get off the counter! Floyd! Aw, sheesh- sorry about that, Maggie, you were saying... okay. Take the next train up here... good. I'll pick you up... right. See you in a few hours... okay! Bye Maggie! <hangs up phone>

Scooter: What was that about, Boss?

Kermit: Slight change of plans. I'm picking someone from the swamp up at the train station later today.

Miss Piggy: <apparently suspicious of this "someone"> Who?

<A boomerang fish goes by, with Animal close behind>

Animal: FISHIE! FISHIE!

Lew Zealand: Oh, No! Tommy, be careful!

Floyd: Animal! Come back here!

Kermit: Uh-oh. Guys! <runs after them>

<Miss Piggy looks upset>

<screen fills with static>

What happens later that day? Find out, in whatever the next story by TogetherAgain is called! We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

<static clears to reveal... um... whatever the next post is?>

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Post it now! Post it now! I want to read it so badly! I'm hooked already! I want to know who Maggie is! I want to see it! I've decided you need to quit school and just write fan fiction all the time so I can be constantly entertained...ok, I'm kidding, but I really can't wait to read it. I wouldn't mind seeing some extras for this last one either.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I'd love to post it, but unfortunately it doesn't have a title yet!
And hey, I'd love to quit school for fanfic writing... :stick_out_tongue:
And extras, you say? You'd like extras? That's two votes for and none against... <evil grin> <pulls out notebook> Now then, which deleted scene shall I post first... random comedy, or a walk in Kermit's head?

....random comedy!

Just J

Reaction score
Wonderful ending! And I gotta say, the most tragic villain in all Muppet history. Wow. Jen suffered so so much, it broke my heart to read her solliloquoy at the end.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Deleted Scene 1

This scene was originally intended to come right after Kermit got the letter. In theory, some short amount of time had passed, and he was talking to Scooter. It was going to lead into Miss Piggy complaining about one of her numbers. Instead, I added comedy to Scooter and Kermit's conversation and moved it to the next day, and had Miss Piggy's complaint come on opening night. Anyway, the scene was going to go like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

"So Boss, what are we doing for the closing number?" Scooter asked.

Kermit suddenly looked worried. "We open the show in less than one week and we still don't have a closing number?"

"Nope," Scooter said. "You said you were going to write something."

"Oh," Kermit said. "I guess I did, didn't I. Alright Scooter, I will work on that right away, and you go talk to Beauregard about that set change."

"Okay Boss," Scooter said, and he walked away.

Kermit sat down at his desk. He picked up a pencil and found some blank paper. "Okay, Kermit, think," he said to himself. "Closing number, closing number..." He looked at the various acts that would be in the show, imagining the mood it would put the audience in. He skimmed the letter, smiled, and examined the acts again.

"Uncle Kermit?"

"Yes, Robin," Kermit said. He looked to his right. There was no one there.

"I'm over here," Robin said.

Kermit turned to his left. "Oh. Hi," he said. "What can I do for you?"

"I was just wondering about the fly number," Robin said.

"Oh? What about it?" Kermit asked.

"Are we gonna use real flies?" Robin asked.

"Yup," Kermit said. "Real flies, and we really get to eat them. Uh, was that your next question?"

"Yup," Robin said.

"I'm too good," Kermit said.

"Then what's my next question?" Robin asked.

Kermit scrunched up his face. "Well I don't know that," he said.

"I was going to ask you what you're doing," Robin said.

"Oh," Kermit said. "Well, I'm trying to write the closing number."

They heard a dressing room door open and close. "Oh, Kermie, dear!"

"Yes, Miss Piggy?" Kermit said as he slowly turned towards her.

Somehow she was already standing next to him. "Kermie," she said, "Could vous perhaps find some time in your busy schedule to talk to moi?"

"What is it, Piggy," Kermit said.

"Well," she said, "Moi was thinking about moi's number."

Kermit glanced at the list of acts. "Uh huh, which one?"

"The middle one," she said.

"Okay," Kermit nodded. He liked that one. "What about it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

And it was at that point that I realized, "Wait a second, I don't want this here. And besides, I can't have her adjust a number that I don't know anything about." So I ended the chapter, and opened the next one at breakfast.

Beauregard

Reaction score
You know what Lisa, you gotta stop cutting great chunks from your fan-fics!!! That Robin Kermit exchange was...Wow!!! Some of the best Kermit dialougue I ever read!