Super Grover 2.0

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the last few seasons it seemed like many long-running classic characters had appeared less frequently. With this new segment, it looks like Grover will appear in every other episode if not every episode (and it seems like The Count will once again be in every episode with Count TV; I don't know why they had to replace the Count's Number of the Day segments with others introducing the number of the day for two years).

I hope that the classic Super Grover suit continues to be used outside of Super Grover 2.0 (unless they continue making new SG2.0 segments after season 41).

If by chance they ever release a Super Grover 2.0 DVD I hope it would at least have a few classic Super Grover sketches as bonus clips.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if all these new short-form series will be in every episode. Count TV probably will (it's been said that 26 episodes were produced). Though do we really need multiple Count TV segments for numbers past 20 in the same season?

I wonder if Elmo's World will continue, with this "Goodnight Elmo" series debuting. And I thought it had been said that there'd be something this season called "Elmo's Backyard".

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Elmo is okay as long as other characters DO get to shine. Not sure how I feel about the Super Grover change; however, it's about TIME they do something more with the character. I've felt there is a need for a Super Grover movie for a long, long time!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder if all these new short-form series will be in every episode. Count TV probably will (it's been said that 26 episodes were produced). Though do we really need multiple Count TV segments for numbers past 20 in the same season?

I wonder if Elmo's World will continue, with this "Goodnight Elmo" series debuting. And I thought it had been said that there'd be something this season called "Elmo's Backyard".
Well, we have to remember, the only actual sketch confirmed for season 41 is Super Grover 2.0... so Munchin Impossible, The two Elmo segments and Count TV could very well either get absorbed into the show, or just sold to foreign markets.

Now, I want Elmo's World to be replaced with another Elmo segment, if that's how they have to play the game now. They're literally running on fumes with only one or 2 new segments a year. Even kids get sick of reruns, especially if they were shown the season before, of course after multiple viewings waiting for the next season. Shorter Elmo segment(S) would lead to a more diversified show. Think of it, Half of the show would be classic SS style, the other half would be the small segments.

That said, if no one gets the obvious homage/parody to the Chris Nolan Batman movies in the promotional design yet... look a LITTLE closer at the costume and the Super Grover signal. :super:

fuzzball91

Reaction score
Words cannot express how excited I am for the Super Grover segment. Grover is an excellent character and he should be thrusted more into the spotlight. Plus it makes me sad that this past season hasn't featured Grover that much...well, from the episodes I have seen lately. I do agree with some that I am a little iffy on the costume change though. Nonetheless excited still.

As for the others, the Count's segment should be fun and that'll get him some more face time too. Elmo's new segment seems like a breath of fresh air.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Kinda weird we've graduated from Silver Age Super Grover to 80s or 90s Super Grover.
Never thought I see the day. Still it's nice to at least see Super Grover back on TV. I mean they should have at least issued a Super Grover DVD special featuring all of his heroic adventures. :super:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Never thought I see the day. Still it's nice to at least see Super Grover back on TV. I mean they should have at least issued a Super Grover DVD special featuring all of his heroic adventures. :super:
You want irony? I've seen more new Super Grover footage in the last 10 years than any other time. :super:

As for the others, the Count's segment should be fun and that'll get him some more face time too. Elmo's new segment seems like a breath of fresh air.
Again, unless it wasn't stated in the press release, Super Grover 2.) is the ONLY segment that's confirmed to air in the next season. The others may just be foreign segments ONLY. At least, at the time being.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well it looks like this new Super-Grover won't permaneantly replace classic Super-Grover; sesamestreet.org uploaded a song planned for season 41, What I Am, which features a cameo by Grover in classic Super-Grover form: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...32-43eb-4cc0-80b5-d0f2e8271c62/song_what_i_am
Even without seeing that song, I could tell that we'd get classic SG on the rest of the show. After all, he even refers to himself AS Super Grover 2.0 in those segments.