Super Grover and the Sesame Street Cat-burglar

D'Snowth

Reaction score
More than one cat burgalar on Sesame Street?! Can Super Grover save us?!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
CHAPTER FOUR

It was when Super-Grover talked to the Count that he finally got a clue.
The Count told him that last night he and all his bats had scared the daylights out of a prowler inside their castle.

He explained what had happened. "Last night I was just starting to think about getting dressed for bed when I heard somebody scream and stumble around downstairs. I ran down as fast as I could and when I was halfway down a flashlight shone in my face and I heard yet another terrible shriek. My friends the bats had been disturbed by the intruder and he was apparently frightened of them but when he saw me he turned and ran back out through the door he had quietly screwed off its hinges. Outside I heard an angry voice cry out,"What the flangle wangle drokkslit do you think you're doing?" He called him something I didn't quite catch though it sounded like the first part was the word mean. The other man was crying that it was a haunted castle with bats and a scary vampire, obviously meaning me."

Super-Grover was most interested. "Can you tell me anything more Count?"
The Count said "Only that it sounded like the angry cussing man slapped his companion in the face and said "Oh shut up you dreevin colbruckin coward. Now we have to get out of this neighbourhood as fast as we can." And by the time I got to the door they were already disappearing from sight."

"This is sounding serious. They must be going to make their way clear of Sesame Street if they haven't done so already. Can't you tell me what the name you heard was Count?"

The Count shook his head. "I wish I could Super-Grover. I can tell you it sounded like Claude. Or could it perhaps have been Lloyd? That's 2. 2 possible names for your suspect. A-ha-ha-ha."

Super-Grover knew he needed some back up help on this case. Something had to be done about tracking down and bringing these Cat-burglars to justice whoever the rascals were.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the installment... And for the cameo. Ooh, wonder who SG will bring in as added help.
Post when ready.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
CHAPTER FIVE

When Grover was back at home in his secret civilian identity he told his mother what he had found out from the Count. "I need some extra help in tracking down this gang of thieves Mummy. I'm going to call Captain Vegetable."
"I hope he can help you Grover dear. I'm so sorry for everybody on our street," said his mother.

So Grover dialled the secret unlisted telephone number to contact Captain Vegetable. The rabbit was in the middle of tucking into a delicious vegetable salad when the phone rang. He answered it. "Hello. It is I, Captain Vegetable."
"Vegetable this is Super-Grover. I need your assistance."
When Grover had explained about the theives who had ransacked most of Sesame Street Captain Vegetable said he'd be there as soon as possible.
"I shall call Captain Breakfast and bring him with me Super-Grover. The two of us will be only too happy to take a break from promoting good eating habits to do some conventional crimefighting. That's what super-heroes are for."

Grover thanked his friend and hung up the phone. Now he had to wait for his colleagues to arrive at his house and plan their investigation together.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aw man, I need to visit the fan-fiction/fan-art board more often!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... You should check this area more often Snowthmeiser.

And it is a good story so far... Rully laughed at Captain Vegetable's line about what superheroes are really for.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I didn't realize you had written so much more of this Martin! It's great! I love that Captain Vegitable and Captain Breakfast are coming to help Super Grover! I'm really enjoying this, you do good work!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
CHAPTER SIX

Captain Vegetable and Captain Breakfast arrived at Grover's doorstep in disguise. Captain Breakfast was dressed as a door-to-door salesman carrying an enormous suitcase. "Good day to you sir," he said to Grover when he opened the door. "I'm selling fur brushes and I have some really super, super bargains for you today."

When Grover heard the word Super said twice he knew it was his back-up help arrived and invited them in. As soon as the door was closed they opened the large suitcase and Captain Vegetable jumped out and stretched himself while Captain Breakfast threw off his civilian clothes to reveal his costume concealed underneath. Grover was very happy to see them and as his mother gave them a nice cup of tea and some light crackers with low-fat cheese (Cap. Vegetable added celery to his) they discussed the matter with each other.

Cap. Breakfast said that he and Cap.Vegetable thought it sounded like the thieves were stealing things for the children's line of the black market.

"It's a racket that steals toys and other kiddie type products," Cap. Breakfast began.
Cap.Vegetable added. "They alter them to make sure they cannot be traced to the original owners, carefully wiping out all names on them etc. and then they sell them to other kids who are unaware that they have just bought stolen property."

"This is dreadful." Grover shook his fist. "We have to get back all my friends property. Do you guys know where this base is located?"

"Yes we do." Cap. Vegetable held out his hand and Cap.Breakfast pulled a map out of his pocket and handed it to him.

Spreading it open Cap.Vegetable explained "The black market operates in the town of Whistleville 100 miles south of Sesame Street. Officially the police know nothing about it but by doing a bit of undercover investigation the two of us were able to find out every time a series of such break-ins occurred anywhere a certain toy and novelty shop suddenly got in a heap of new merchandise. They were investigated but no indication that they were connected to any foul play could ever be proven."

"Then it's up to the three of us to get the proof required to expose those dishonest people," said Grover getting up to put on his outfit after looking at the map. "What is the name of the manager of this suspicious business?"

Cap. Breakfast answered "A rather extravagant posh sort of fellow named Mr. Caleb Siles."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Now we know where the thieves are based... We gotta hope Grover and his helpers come up with a brilliant plan to foil the bad guys... But how will they get there and not fall prey to...
Hoping for more soon, when it's ready.