Super Grover review

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Not sure if this belongs in the action figure board, or the Sesame Street collectibles board...

This weekend was the Wizard World show in Los Angeles, and Palisades new tour figure for 2005 made his official debut. It's Super Grover from the new Sesame Street line, complete with phone booth and alter ego costume! Muppets fans will be happy to know that the attention and passion that we saw with the earlier line seems to have transferred to the Sesame Street line. I have a review up tonight of SG, in all his blue glory.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

And the eagle eyed among you might have noticed the new 'collection' link at the top right of the page. Yes, I'm trying to get some collection photos up again, but it's slow going. I have much of my pre-production collection up, and since those are near and dear to me, I shot them individually. I also have the Muppets section of the room on-line, although with the release of Sesame Street, it will be changing quite a bit very soon.

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Great review, as always. I'm eagerly anticipating this figure.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Informative as always and greatly appreciated. Wow, SG got a very high score, I'm really looking forward to this figure!

CaptainYoda

Reaction score
Well, I was at Wizard World LA this weekend and picked up my Super Grover, as well as Cabin Boy Gonzo & Rizzo, and they are great. Super Grover is a thing of beauty.Top notch! Palisades has really done an excellent job on this one!!!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
How was WWLA? It always looks like it's the best of the WW conventions, they have the best guests, events and exclusives. Although WWPhilly will have FSL Kermit. I wasn't gonna' go this year, but I've been every year since it started, I'm just not going to go for the full three days and I'll do Chicago next year, maybe I'll get to LA someday... *sigh*

How much was Palisades selling Super Grover for anyway?

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
If you can only go to one WW, go to the Chicago show...

And actually, although I said twenty bucks in the review, I think he was $25.

Michael
MWC

CaptainYoda

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
How was WWLA?
How much was Palisades selling Super Grover for anyway?

WWLA is pretty good. Much bigger than last year. But it still pales in comparison to the San Diego Comic Con. But this is only the second year we have had a Wizard World. In fact, next year WWLA will actually be at the Los Angeles Convention Center, instead of Long Beach, so it will probably be even bigger next year.

And Super Grover was $25.00. Gonzo and Rizzo were 20.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Oh...My....God! Didya see that box art! :big_grin:
I've gotta get one of those! I'm going to check if the Collectors Club is selling it yet!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I got my Super Grover yesterday, and I love him so! What a great start to the Sesame Street line!

:smile: