Surprising Celebrity Guests

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
Given the (ahem) political controversy that surrounded Dixie Chicks a few years ago, I'm surprised that Sesame Workshop invited them to sing that song about the letter B with some of the core Muppets.
i didnt see that one...i would imagine they wouldnt say anything politically controversial on a kids show.

ISNorden

Reaction score
i didnt see that one...i would imagine they wouldnt say anything politically controversial on a kids show.
Thank heaven that Sesame Workshop tries so hard to stay politically neutral: the B-words in that song were innocuous ones like "beard", "bats", "better". (Not to mention some Muppets who appeared with the Chicks; Bert, Big Bird, and Baby Bear all sang that their names began with B too!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
mostly because the movie he wrote and directed Tropic Thunder was perhaps the most controversial film of the summer (hilarious movie, though). and he's done a countless number of other blue humoured films.
Of course, let's not forget that he also played a cartoon Lion in kids movies twice. A lot of comedians do very risque stuff, and then turn around and do stuff for kids. As was stated, like George Carlin on Shining Time Station.

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
Of course, let's not forget that he also played a cartoon Lion in kids movies twice. A lot of comedians do very risque stuff, and then turn around and do stuff for kids. As was stated, like George Carlin on Shining Time Station.
oh yeah - and the short lived "Pryor's Place".

and Don Rickles playing Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story. i can go on about blue comedians playing kids roles. its hilarious, really.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Seth Green: Come on, Scott Evil, Chris Griffin, the host of Robot Chicken, where they maimed the Fraggles [Hilariously], Behind the Music: Electric Mayhem, and Big Bird catching the bird flu, then I saw him on Sesame Street delivering letters to Telly, each letter doing a different thing.

Jim Carrey: I dunno if he counts, but Jim was in a magazine with Elmo and Telly. Jim is like a big kid, but has a darker side[ Riddler, Ace Ventura, the Mask...] and his spastic nature is even to wild, heck, Gonzo might even think it was sick!

Mike Myers: Wayne, Fat B@stard, Dr.Evil, Austine Powers, Shrek, Love Guru, what ever you want to call him, he, like Carrey, has way to many dark sides, but, seeing Big Bird and Telly actually watch WAYNE'S WORLD, I'm wondering if Gordon lets them watch MTV...

Mike Rowe: Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. Interesting story. When Dirty Jobs came out, I was writing a list of people who could work with certain muppets Example, Weird Al and Gonzo, but when I saw Mike, covering in mud, poo, and other yucky, Oscar came to my head, and his signature smirk, saying 'My kinda fellow.' And a year later, BOOM, it happens. I just hope it happens for Ghost Hunters Live, Mike's been the opening 'Booming voice over' for that show for a while. ANYWAYS, Mike is just a dirty guy. I mean, Mike even slipped a very dirty comment past the show, 'I always wanted to go in the back door'. It was hilarious to see him doing a spoof of his own show.

Rowlf the Dog: Thats right, you heard me. Brown Ears. I'm not surprised he showed up once, but he needed more. Jim only had three characters we actually know the names of, and one being passed off to Jerry or Richard, I forget. Kermit, Ernie, Guy, and Captain Vegatable[Very scarey...] Rowlf would have been great, playing music for the rest of the cast.

Gilbert Gottfried Sorry for the link, I couldn't spell his name.. Seriously, Gilbert is one of the most annoying people, but thank god we still have some classics around, right?

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
Seth Green is actually a huge Jim Henson fan, hence the fact that on Robot Chicken and some Family Guy segments, they have some of the more obscure Muppet Show/Sesame Street references then you would usually see (especially on Family Guy, those Muppet references had to be mostly his ideas)

and when were Big Bird and Telly watching Wayne's World? i'm a huge Wayne's World fan.