Swedish Chef and Kermit in one skit?

Thijs

Reaction score
I watched (for the 100th time:big_grin:) the Spike Milligan episode today, and there is a skit with Chef and Kermit talking at the same time.

Now my question is, who performed Chef if Kermit was talking at the same time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Actually, I've seen Kermit and the Chef talk to each other quite a few times. He's also interacted several times with Link. I think it's one of those deals where they just had a generic pupateer perform one of them and Jim dubbed the voice in later. I'm not 100% sure of this though, but that's the best guess I can come up with.

Ryan

Reaction score
Yep, that's what they do. They do that a lot in the later episodes. Also, they recorded the dialouge before the performance, which is obvious in a very short clip in Of Muppets and Men (You can hear Animal's prerecorded voice in the backround while Jim, Frank and Jerry discuss the scene) Chef was usually performed by Louise and Steve at these times.:smile:

Thijs

Reaction score
Ah thanks. I thought at first that Richard or someone else maybe did Chef in skits with Kermit:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. I guess there is really no way of knowing which particular pupateer is sub-ing for the characters regular pupateer unless you actually see who's performing them or something like that.

That would be a good credit for a Muppet Movie. Additional pupateering done by "Some guy named Bob." :sing:

Ryan

Reaction score
<<Yeah. I guess there is really no way of knowing which particular pupateer is sub-ing for the characters regular pupateer unless you actually see who's performing them or something like that.>>

Actually, you can tell at times. All performers have distinct lip synch. For example, Louise Gold's puppetry is very different from say, Richard's puppetry. Totally different performances.

"I don't understand any of this...":concern: :confused: :wink:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
LoL..

You'd have to be VERY finely tuned to notice the distinctions IMO, Ry. I, who have a vaults-worth of Muppets on tape which are watched in the multiples, definitely would not be able to tell the difference without scrupulous study.

But then again, I guess you notice it being a fine puppeteer yourself, ay? :big_grin:

-Matt

Gonzo

Reaction score
:smile: and :sympathy: talk to each other quite a bit too...probably more so than Kermit and Link or Kermit and Chef.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
:smile: and :sympathy: talk to each other quite a bit too...probably more so than Kermit and Link or Kermit and Chef.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn
I only remember Rowlf's poem 'Silence', but they are not talking at the same time then. Kermit is problably performed by somebody else, and Jim does all the talking.

WiGgY

Reaction score
IMHO the best scene ever done with two characters of the same performer was in TMM with Kermit and Rowlf sininging "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" the only problem was near the end where I think Rowlf does some scatting but he's also harmonizing with Kermet. I guess Jim was performing Rowlf and forgot that Rowlf was still harmonozing in the dubbed part of the song. :sympathy: :smile: