Swedish Chef 'Cröønchy Stars' Commercials

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know anything about the Swedish Chef 'Cröønchy Stars' Commercials ?

I know that they made it in the Swedish Chef's Kitchen, Like a normal Skit !

I should think they made more than one too, Its like extra Swedish Chef skits !

Any info would be great !

see ya

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have at least one of them on tape. I will have to check it out though to give you more details, but they did air during Saturday morning cartoons around 1987.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have seen it not too long ago (this year, maybe) and basically it's sort of like this...

Announcer: Welcome to the Muppet Test Kitchen, where the Swedish Chef is making Croonchy Stars cereal...

Chef: Oooh makes more moonchy...

(he has a large pad of dough, and proceeds to use a bicycle pump to blow it up... I am sure there was a similar version on TMS... The dough gets bigger and becomes a star shape, until it explodes... out of it pops millions of cereal pieces falling out of the sky... the rest is kind of fuzzy... he then pics up a piece, I am guessing after he catches thm in a large bowl, and eats it... he likes it so much, he uses the bike pump to blow up the box itself...and it explodes)

Chef:OOOOOH Scrooomptious!!!!

Sorry I can't give much more detail, though..

I can't remember what I did with the tap... and I probably don't have time to look for it...

I'll see if I can do it tommorrow...

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I vaguely remember that commercial. I remember eating the cereal too. It's a shame they don't make it anymore. :frown:

AUUUUUUUUGH!!! THIS BURNS ME UP, WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT TWO MINUTES TO POST A FREAKIN' MESSAGE!!! WHEN I WANT TO POST, I WANT TO POST NOW!!! $^%&//!! IT!!!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
OK. While Daffyfan takes a few minutes to catch his breath... :wink:

A friend of mine has a couple of these on tape, maybe more. (I remember the one Dr. Tooth described.) There's also one (maybe it's the same one) where the Chef does his usual juggling of the spoons while singing his song, and when he throws the spoon behind him, it nails the pan on the wall DEAD ON THE SPOT. I think it even knocked it down. It's hilarious, and it blows your mind at how long they must have rehearsed this to get it just right for a simple commercial. (Unless it was that one-in-a-million freak chance accident...in which case, I'm glad they decided to use that take, because it's so funny!)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
A friend of mine has a couple of these on tape, maybe more.
Please have him contact me ASAP. I have never even heard of such commercials and I'd really like to get them on tape. Tom, you know how to reach me. :smile:

-Matt

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I just got one of these from DW McKim (yes, he's still alive). In this one, the Chef takes out a loaf of bread from the oven, and the dough rises up and forms into a giant star. They both get into a fencing duel with spoons, until the Chef pokes the star and it explodes, and then it rains cereal.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock

Please have him contact me ASAP. I have never even heard of such commercials and I'd really like to get them on tape. Tom, you know how to reach me :smile:.
Make that two :big_grin:

See ya

Beauregard

Reaction score
You really are trying to make a thing of your collection Cantus Rock. You sound 'quate' desperate.