Swedish Chef has lost its pink color!!!

Robin W.

Reaction score
While cleaning my Muppet action figures, I was devastated to see that the Swedish Chef 'loose version' and the Christmas version have lost their pink color, except for the nose! The rest of the face and the hands have become brown! I always have my curtains closed of the room I keep my toys, so it couldn't have been the sun. The figures stood on different places and it's not only the front of the faces, but also on the back!

I have had another toy, a Disney Tarzan doll, which has the same problem. The legs and chest have discoloured and the face, arms and feet have remained their original colour. This doll has been stored in a box for a while, but when I took it out I noticed it.

How can and why does this happen?!? And what can I do to keep my toys wih their right colors?

Help!!!!!

Robin

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That's is odd. Let me ask you these questions. :confused:

1) No one plays with the figures do they?
2) Do you or someone that lives with you smoke?
3) What do you use to clean the figures with?

Robin W.

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
That's is odd. Let me ask you these questions. :confused:

1) No one plays with the figures do they?
2) Do you or someone that lives with you smoke?
3) What do you use to clean the figures with?
Thanks for your response!

1) No, noone plays with them.
2) No smokers
3) I use a soft brush, especially for dolls

I think I'm the only one who has this. The other two Chefs (the ones with the red-stipe-shirt and the blue-stripe-shirt) don't have this problem. Neither has any other Muppet action figure.

Best wishes,

Robin

jacobl

Reaction score
that's peculiar. i don't think i've ever had that problem with any of my dolls or action figures

puppetise

Reaction score
my has it was because the final coat of colour sealer on almost 15000 figures was not aplied

Robin W.

Reaction score
LadyVader said:
Robin W. do you have oil heat or gas?
I am sorry, I don't know what you mean. My English isn't very well. I mean, I can write it, but I can not always understand it when other people write something.

I tried to make pics with my webcam, but that doesn't work out. It's too dark at the moment and lamps make the pics to bright. Maybe I'll try it later on.

Could it be because the room they are in has been in a dusty shape lately? I use this room only for my collection and I have not enough time to clean it very often. The curtains are always closed (because of the sun; I didn't want my figures to lose their color; big joke, huh?), so maybe not enough fresh air or something? I know this sounds silly, but I don't know what to think!

Thanks for your responses, folks!

LadyVader

Reaction score
What do you heat your home with Gas heat Or oil heat It can make a very big change in paint and other items paint might turn color