Swedish Kitchen Box Change?

dhillman

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the box change (red to blue) for the Swedish Kitchen and for Mega Beaker for that matter... I don't quite follow the logic behind it if the two have already been released with the red.

D

blueduck37

Reaction score
The box change is something that, as far as I have read, is exclusive to the Mystery New Retailer. The new retailer will be starting with Series 4 (which has the new blue cards). Therefore, they wanted all their Muppets product to look the same (this is understandable) and asked Palisades to give them the Kitchen set and Mega Beaker in the new card design.

Baby Animal

Reaction score
If I remember right, the red box was a celebration of the 25th anniversary. Now that we are a year removed, they decided to change to box. Nothing more than that. I do believe all Muppets merchandise is going to the blue. Everything I've seen for new muppet merchandise has the blue tag or something to that effect.

smcguire

Reaction score
Um... my Swedish Chef Kitchen box is red and in the old style. Are some going out as red, and some going out as blue?

--Scott McGuire

blueduck37

Reaction score
Yes.

All the Swedish Chef sets out now are in the red box style. Later on (next month to be exact) when the Mystery New Retailer stocks their Muppet stuff, they will have the Chef set in the blue style that will debut with Series 4. Same set, different color package.

smcguire

Reaction score
Ah, okay, so it's not like some people are getting blue boxes now and some not. thanks for the clarification, blueduck37.

But ya know, fabulous though it is, I am not buying it again just to get a box variant. :smile:

--Scott McGuire

WiGgY

Reaction score
I wonder ow many people will buy it for the box variant though.

I think it's a good sign that the new retialer is having this done. For one thing they didn't have to order any Chef playsets since they are starting in series 4. They also didn't have to order any Mega Beakers. This must mean that they are committed to selling the line.

I'd like to see what the Chef kitchen looks like in the blue box. To me, it's perfeect in the red one. All the colors match each other and it's quite nice.

Beanstoys

Reaction score
Just to clarify, the Blue packaging is not exclusive to the Mystery Retailer. I believe that starting with Series 4 and Mega Animal everything is in the blue packaging.

Palisades also decided to do a second run of the Kitchen in the Blue packaging, which is available to any retailer who orders it before it's sold out. We will be carrying the Blue Boxed version as well (since we wanted more than our initial order and that's the way it'll be coming in June or July I think).

Thanks.

Adam

http://www.beanstoys.com

Luke

Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic to hear the Swedish Kitchen is getting a second run - must be selling well !

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Absolutely fantastic to hear the Swedish Kitchen is getting a second run - must be selling well !
I hope it sells out 5 times over. :big_grin: Maybe the budget for playsets will go back up