Sweetums in Muppet Vision 3D

minor muppetz

Reaction score
camillia

did camillia even appear in Muppet Vision 3D? I have only seen this twice, in 1991 and 1995, but I don't remember camillai being in it. Maybe the person who listed Jerry Nelson saw a chicken and instantly assumed it was supposed to be camillia, and also assumed that Jerry nelson performed her in that production since he is her usual performer.

After all, in many sections on henson productions at the internet movie databvase, certain performers are credited with performing their regular characters even if those characters only appear in the background of crowd scenes and don't speak. For Follow That Bird, the internet movie database mentioned that jerry nelson performed herry monster, whose voice was obviously done by a different performer in his one speaking scene, and sherlcok hemlock, who doesn't speak in his one appearance and probably wasn't performed by jerry nelson in that sceen (since herry was also in that scene but had a different voice, which implies that jerry nelson probably wasn't on the set in that scene).

That Announcer

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
did camillia even appear in Muppet Vision 3D? I have only seen this twice, in 1991 and 1995, but I don't remember camillai being in it. Maybe the person who listed Jerry Nelson saw a chicken and instantly assumed it was supposed to be camillia, and also assumed that Jerry nelson performed her in that production since he is her usual performer.
No, I'd be willing to say it was Camilla in MV3D. Since the gag was that Gonzo couldn't tell one chicken from the other so he called whichever was with him "Camilla", I guess we'll have to use the same principle for movies in that if there's only one chicken, we'll call it Camilla.

Of course, you could make an argument against that, stating that "Bernice" is another name for a chicken, but that's another thread... :smile:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
What I'm curious is how Sweetums is performed live in the theatre. It appears that his jaw is hinged and opens by the puppeteer jolting himself downwards to open the mouth which then springs back closed naturally. I can't imagine they have a hired puppeteer to work the mouth electronically radio controlled as they did in TMS.