Swinetrek Control Panel Fraud?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I bought on ebay what was described as being the control panel from Pigs in Space from the muppet show.I have now looked at a picture and it is completely different.Can anybody recognise this from the swinetrek, either Muppet Show or Muppets Tonight?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't think that much of the control panel could really be seen on the original TMS program. These *could* be sections of it, but I couldn't tell you. I do know that much of the Palisades playset was invented and lots of blanks were filled in, but I would imagine the set to resemble it more than this does.

muppetperson

Reaction score
From what I have seen, there were more levers(like the Palisades swinetrek playset) and the levers were in a base that sat on a bench.And there was no steering wheel!

Luke

Reaction score
Was it shipped from the UK or States? I heard that a lot of the props and staging were still in the UK.

I don't remember the steering wheel, lol.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It was a big set, not all of it could be seen on screen and there was a payphone, but this doesn't seem legit to me. If it is, it's still not iconic enough to put up for sale.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Was it shipped from the UK or States? I heard that a lot of the props and staging were still in the UK.

I don't remember the steering wheel, lol.
Supposedly he got it as a gift from the Muppets in NYC.
I think the set would either be destroyed, or maybe the BBC got it and recycled it on DR Who!Ha Ha!

muppetperson

Reaction score
It was a big set, not all of it could be seen on screen and there was a payphone, but this doesn't seem legit to me. If it is, it's still not iconic enough to put up for sale.
There is a wide shot of the set in the Of Muppets and Men book and I can not see this piece.It is all making sense now why there were only 2 bidders and it only went for $46.Luckily, I got my money back.

Luke

Reaction score
Supposedly he got it as a gift from the Muppets in NYC.
I think the set would either be destroyed, or maybe the BBC got it and recycled it on DR Who!Ha Ha!
PMSL actually it does look eerily like the new Tardis set which has a steering wheel haha.

Not sure how accurate this is or which pieces exactly but i did hear a lot of the TMS sets were saved.

muppetperson

Reaction score
did a quick search of images online, found a few.. and this looks nothing like them...
http://mono.whatevz.net/images/PigsInSpaceStarWarsvhwjOU.jpg
Thanks for your help and input, Davina.Yeah, that is what I mean about the multiple levers that are in the base box on the desk top.I have done a lot of googling and just keep seeing the same images and also the Deep Dish Nine Spaceship from Muppets Tonight, which has no levers.The seller is adament that he got it from the Muppets and says he used to be a puppeteer,friends of hensons ,etc and reconds it can all be verified and says the image is on google, and doesnt like being called a liar.But I guess if you tell that many fibs, you start believing them yourself in a delusional world!