T-shirt questions...

Convincing John

Reaction score
This may belong in another thread (mods can move it if you think it should be elsewhere).

I have a t-shirt question. Where in the heck can I get either a good quality t-shirt with a big picture of Jim Henson or Mahna Mahna on it? I've looked around and thought by now there should be at least one out there. They make so many Muppet shirts these days...

I dunno, I'm hankering to spend a little of my tax refund money on a couple t-shirts just for fun. I know there's a Mahna Mahna parody shirt out there, but I like the classic character shots best.

If there are no t-shirts like that available (there SHOULD be!) I've heard you can take a photo and have it put on a t-shirt somewhere. I just wondered:

a. Where/how do you do that? (I've seen "photo t-shirts" out there, just never thought about where they were made).
b. Is it legal? (Disney technically owns Mahna Mahna and maybe the place to have the photo on a shirt wouldn't do it?)

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of cool Muppet shirts out there. I've just dreamed about having an awesome shirt with this or this on it.

Any imputs? Anyone?

Convincing John

muppetguy

Reaction score
Hey Convincing John, to be honest, I have never seen shirts like that. I can direct you to a website that does have some amazing shirts of the muppets. Got to www.80stees.com I have bought a few shirts, and belts there.

Next suggestion would be to buy that specialty transfer paper where you can iron on an image onto a shirt. For example, the Mahna mahna one, buy a black t for like 5 bucks and then print that image onto the transper paper and iron on. Same would go for the Jim Henson photo.

Hope this helps. :wink:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey,

Yeah I checked out 80's Tees and you're right, there is some amazing stuff there.

Transfer paper...I'll have to go looking for that stuff. I just wondered if there was another way since I don't have an iron. I just wondered if they did photos for shirts like they'd do for "put your photo on a mug" type stuff.

A Jim Henson mug would be cool, but I don't think I could wear it very well! LOL.

Convincing John

muppetguy

Reaction score
yEAH, IT'S ONE OF THOSE THINGS, YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE RIGHT FIGURE TO WEAR MUGS...lol:smile::embarrassed: