talking corn puppet pattern

puppetsrock

Reaction score
I am working on some new props for our puppet team and I remember seeing a diffrent team use a corn prop that was really a puppet (kind of) I mean it had a moving mouth it was made out of paper (card board) but it's mouth moved up and down. I am trying to find some place that I can get a pattern for this type of prop. Or even just how to make a moving (up/down) mouth on a paper prop. Thank you for your help. :eek:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Hmm.... I don't know much about where to get something like this but it sounds awesome. I'd loove to see it when its done. :smile: Good luck.

Nojoy

Reaction score
Not sure how much it will help, but using a ventriloquist vent style puppet mechanism may work... it would take a bit of figuring out but I'm sure the basic idea could work.

Try looking over http://www.alstevens.com/ventriloquism/fred.html especially the sections on headstick and jaws...

Hope it helps.

puppetsrock

Reaction score
that site is helpful and I might do it that way but the prop I saw I think was made out f foam coar it was only 2D not 3D but I like you idea i might try that if I can not find the other way. Thank you for your help

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
For how to make an ""up/down mouth" or a "straight drop" mouth check out the Newsy Vents blog at http://newsyvents.blogspot.com

The author, Clinton Detweiler, is a well-known Vent figure maker (he used to own Mather Studios) and does a lot of these kinds of puppets and posts photos of them if you spend some time looking through the archives.

Whispers

Reaction score
I know what you mean, I've seen it before :]
They're generally called 'Proppets' and I've made something similar to that before.
If you'd like you can PM me and I can give you details on what to do. The one I made used styrofoam but you can adapt it to use foamboard.