Target Muppets DVD Exclusive with 6 Muppet Show Episodes

Drtooth

Reaction score
Which would be a LOT more exciting if they weren't from the first three seasons that everyone here has to have by now. :rolleyes: I mean, at least one from season 4 and or 5...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This reminds me of the time before the movie came out when I started a thread desiring a special "bonus disc" of classic Muppet content. I did think such a disc would need to include a few bonus episodes of The Muppet Show, but this isn't what I had in mind (what I had in mind was 2-3 episodes and some things that might not otherwise get a DVD release anytime soon).

I wonder what episodes will be included. Wouldn't it be something if it included ALL of the first season episodes that were cut uncut? Of course five episodes were cut, so if that were to happen it'd be missing something from either season 2 or 3.

It won't surprise me if it includes all the episodes that have clips in the movie. That'd be the ones with Steve Martin, Madeline Kahn, Julie Andrews, Peter Sellers, and Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge... I didn't list the Juliete Prowse episode because they basically shot a remake of Mahna Mahna during that opening montage (I wonder why they didn't show the actual clip from the show), but that would be a good one to include. Can't remember if any other clips were in the movie.

Though by including episodes from the already-released seasons they don't have to clear music rights in such a short amount of time. And besides, this bonus disc is an exclusive. Not sure if it'd be too neccessary to go through all the trouble of clearing rights for an exclusive (even if that would help drive sales at Target).

I kind of wonder if the disc should include the most essential episodes from the first three seasons, if not two episodes a season. But if I were in charge and had to include two essential episodes from those seasons, I'd include: Juliete Prowse, Rita Moreno (or Avery Scrieber), Steve Martin (or John Cleese), Bernadette Peters (or Madeline Kahn), Gilda Radner, and Harry Belafonte.

Borples

Reaction score
Is it really sold out? That is amazing news. I'm really hoping/believing that the DVD is going to sell like gangbusters.

I love the idea of the bonus disc of Muppet Show eps! For whatever reason (money. Not writing my list clearly enough at Christmas. :wink:) I don't have the TMS DVDs. So the bonus disc appeals to me more than lithographs or finger puppets. But what's really great about it is that, presumably, lots of casual fans will buy the movie. And they--who do not have the TMS DVDs--will watch the eps that are included and they will remember how very, VERY awesome the show was. And the flames of Muppet mania will be fanned. :big_grin:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
It's great that it looks like DVDs and Blu-Rays of The Muppets are already selling well! I hope that helps bring season 4 and 5 out a bit quicker.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What would be really great would be if they had season 4-5 episodes on there too! (Becuase they didn't even release that yet!)

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Did anyone on preorder this before it went out of stock?

I know it's unlikely, but if it does have any unedited versions of season one episodes that are edited in the main season release, I'd love to know about.