TA's Movie Review Thread

P

Princeton

Bewitched
Starring: Nicole Kidman, Will Ferrell, Michael Caine
2 :smile: s out of 4 :smile: s

This was a fairly good film. Not great, not terrible, just good. I had heard talk-radio men saying that Will Ferrell ruined it. If anything, this movie changed my whole opinion of Will's movie career. Nicole on the other hand, who I normally think is as cute as a bunny, acted like a ditzy nitwit the whole time; the only time she lived up to her natural cuteness was during Isabel and Jack's first "real" date when she crosses her eyes(I know it sounds bizarre, but you kinda have to see it to know what I'm talking about). Anyway, the only real way to do this movie justice is to use the1/10 scale. Bewitched gets a solid score of 7.

BTW, this includes themes of the original show, but if you're a hard-core Bewitched fan, don't expect too much. But don't worry, I know you'll still enjoy!

PS. My 300th post!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Diner 2/5
the whole 10 yds 1/5
heaven can wait 4/5
Shes all that 4/5
Shame 3/5
Next Friday 4/5
Resoiuver of the dogs 5/5

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" starring Martin Freeman, Mos Def and Sam Rockwell. I give it -1 :smile:'s out of 5 :smile:'s

Ok, lots of excitment sourounding the making of this Comedy legend. Is it being made...at last! The movie we have waited for! Unfortunatly....not....

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, first a Radio series, then a record series, TV, a book, a towel....In each of the aforementioned (except perhaps the towel) a very high class of sophisticaed humour kept us rolling around in our seats. In the movie, slap-stick, and corny acting kept me and those with us at the cinema fidgeting around in our seats.

From the very start, the Dolphins. Aer they singing? Are they not? Sometimes it looks like they are, and sometimes it looks like they...are not. However, worse, they are meant to be the second most intellegent creatures on earth. And they are singing...."If I had one last wish, I would like a tastey fish." Um.....Hellooooooooo!!!

And it only got worse....Zaphod was not 'kewl', he was overacting and stupid. Ford was...strange. Arthor almost hit the mark. And Trillian was not bad. However....from themoment I saw Marvin...I was ready to leave. And every ine he uttered made me cringe. This is not a comedicly-timed manicly-depressed robot that makes you laugh! This is DEPRESSING!

Oh my Cod! Excuse me....

The Sneezing Religion. What was that? The same thing was protrayed through a ten second graffiti shot in the TV and had me chuckling...here it was cringe worthy. The whole film was...

Zaphods second head? Huh? If they could do it as well as they did in the TV series...(admittedly, poor)...surely, surely they could have done it here....

Only one charcter was good. Slartibartfast. He was the ony one amung them who could act.

The rest of the film was an hour and a half of cringe.

This is my honest opinion...and the opinion of most loyal HHGTTG fans.
Whoa, that's different...I haven't seen the movie yet but I love the first book and I'm on chapter 14 of the second book and I was hoping the movie would be as good. Did they pull in stuff from the other books? There's a track on the soundtrack (which I have and it is nice) called Viltvodle Street music and Viltvodle is from "The Restaurant and the End of the Universe?"

......And I was worndering what happened to Zaphod second head and third arm. Did they keep (or hint at) that brain plot from the end?

........sneezing religion? What the smurf?!? :stick_out_tongue:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Howl's Moving Castle: My rating 3.5 out of 5

This movie is a new Miyazaki anime. If you're a fan of Spirited Away of Princess Mononoke, or other Studio Ghibli anime like My Neighbour Totoro, you should like this. It's based off the book by Diana Wynne Jones, which I personally haven't read. This movie is very cool, first of all. Good english voice actors, very beautiful to look at, and just very creative and interesting. The only thing is it tends to drag a little bit, and many things seem to not exactly be explained. Then again, most anime's don't exactly explain many things either, so it's not like it's lacking. But seriously? If you like anime's, or cool fantasy stories, or good effects, or fun movies, or anything like that, definately go and see it, it's worth it. And Billy Crystal does the voice for the fire that powers the castle, and that in itself is worth going to see, cause it's awesome.

P

Princeton

Fantastic Four
Starring: Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans
3 1/2 :crazy: s out of 4 :crazy: s

I really liked this film. Normally I'm not into comic book adaptations, but this was very good. Acting was very good, the best being Michael Chiklis as The Thing. The Thing was a very heart-wrenching character. However...

***HERE BE SPOILERS***

My only beef with this movie was that The Thing changed back to normal, and then immeadiately changed back to his, shall we say, "mutant" form. I kept expecting all the F4 members to change back to their original selves, but nothing doing. END OF SPOILERS

Other than that, I really liked it and would gladly recommend it to any comic book junkie.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Fantastic Four
3.75:zany: out of 4:zany:

A very well done adaption of Marvel's first superheroes. There was never a dull moment, and it wasn't to caught up in love scenes, which is what killed Star Wars Episode II. Very good acting, and the end fight scene was phenominal. The only problem I had was Dr. Doom gaining his powers from the radiation cloud like the F4 did. Not how it should've happened.