Technical Question (Puppet Episode)

ChinoXL

Reaction score

I got my first view of my filmed puppet series and I’m having sort of a complex puzzle to solve, perhaps not so complex but weird to me.

When I view my episode everything seems really dark - I can barely see the stars in the background in one scene and in the next I barely see my little guy shouting! Everything appears so much darker I’ve shown it to three friends and all of them see it dark as well

BUT.....

Today I was viewing the HTML templates of our site and I used my moms PC (she has an LCD monitor) and for the heck of it I tried viewing it on her PC...and man! It looks so much like I visualized it I can see the stars in the background and the lighting is great! went back to my pc and everything is dark ...so I’m thinking this may be a monitor issue - I was wondering if anyone has ran into this problem and if there is a solution anyone knows of

I told my editor this so perhaps he will fix it but I’m just curious to hear what people have to say here

I apologies if this is off topic

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It does sound like a monitor problem. You're editing on your PC I assume? What's the make and model of it?

ChinoXL

Reaction score
Our editor was using a MAC while editing the first episode. I'm not sure of the make or model number but it was new.

The monitor i am using is a TTX

I'd just hate the feeling of everyone viewing the first episode dark like i view it on my monitor and only getting the true essense of it with an LCD monitor

puppetise

Reaction score
check the setting on your computer such as cotrast and bright ness if that dosnt work it meen you pc is getting old and you may need a new 1

practicecactus

Reaction score
I've heard this before, isn't it a Mac to PC thing?
On the Drawing Board forum I think I remember someone talking about how their art looked darker on a PC than when he did it on a mac, or vice versa. I may be wrong though.