Teddy Ruxpin Forum

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was looking for another thread to slap this in, but couldn't find a good one. I think it's safe to say that the 80's icon Teddy Ruxpin and his stories, both the tapes and the TV show, rank right up there with the muppets as things I will most likely be a life-long fan of. In fact, the reason I haven't been here as much lately is because this is where I've been spending much of my time...

http://teddyruxpin.proboards.com/index.cgi

It's kinda small and not so well-organized, but it's still fun! If you have even a small soft spot in your heart for the stories or characters in the world of Teddy Ruxpin, please stop on by! To be honest, it's kinda quiet there, so we could use the help!
:smile:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Come dream with me tonight!
I love Teddy Ruxpin! I may try to come check out the site.:smile:

Yorick

Reaction score
I love Teddy, too! :smile:
Let's build a giant airship...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! Anyone watch the cartoon, or did you just have the toy?
And sale into the sky!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I wanted the toy! Never got it, but I did play with the Teddy Ruxpin and Grubby toys my cousin had.:smile:
And yes- I prettty faithfully watched The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin cartoon growing up. (It's the reason I never learned tae kwan do- lessons were held at the same time as Teddy Ruxpin- lol):big_grin:

Yorick

Reaction score
Ha! That's great Gonzo Leaper! If only you knew they'd be on DVD today (or that there'd be DVDs) you could have done both...it's just Teddy would've had to wait 20 something years - so you made the right choice!:big_grin: Although I must say, if you had a VCR, the timers were easier to work in the 80's (and VCRs better made then) than now.

My Aunt and Uncle got me Teddy one year, and I was soooooo happy, of course! But I knew the show first, I think. It's hard to tell which stories I knew from the show, and which ones I knew form the tapes. But, it's great all around :smile:

The only reason I didn't jump on the Teddy board yet (same with the stop-motion board mentioned here a while back) is because I don't even come here as often as others do, (though I fairly often come here) so I wouldn't want to join a board and not visit much at all. I think it's a shame when someone joins a board but doesn't ever post. I know "life gets in the way" but still...

But I love stop-motion and Teddy, that's for sure:super:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Awesome to know I'm in good company!
:smile: No pressure on joining the board, but just so you know, any small contribution of time or comment would be appreciated. Teddy Ruxpin Online, the main site that the forum sprang from, also has a facebook page if starting there would make things easier.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay- I will have to keep an eye out for the FaceBook page- I might "like" that.:smile:

Ha! That's great Gonzo Leaper! If only you knew they'd be on DVD today (or that there'd be DVDs) you could have done both...it's just Teddy would've had to wait 20 something years - so you made the right choice! Although I must say, if you had a VCR, the timers were easier to work in the 80's (and VCRs better made then) than now.
Haha- true, true. I learned a few things from my older brother in any case- lol.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
GL, you're on Facebook? Mind if I add you? You can PM me your information if you'd like.