Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Forever Special on 11/21/2009 on CWKids

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Ok here's the lastest bit of TMNT news I'm giving, I also posted this about Nickeldeon buying out the TMNT.

Now check this out, it's a TMNT Forever special.

Now I'm a pretty big TMNT fan and I'm not totally sure what to think about this TMNT TV movie special. It combines the 80s cartoon with the newer cartoon, and on top of that the original comic book turtles are in this. I find it both interesting and honestly a bit odd. I'm going to try to check it out, I find it to be a little bit of an odd crossover.

It airs Saturday Nov 21 on CW network.

Drtooth

Reaction score
About bleeding time! They were sitting on this long enough, trying to get a theatrical release, not being able to get it available on DVD (and thanks to the Nicktoon buyout crap, I doubt we'll see it any time soon). This is a fitting end to the amazing 2k3 Renaissance of the Turtles before Nick possibly screws everything up in 3 years.

Shame the unions couldn't work it out and get both the original 80's voice actors and the 2k3 actors to reprise their roles, but you can't have everything.

Viacom BETTER release this on video. They BETTER!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
About bleeding time! They were sitting on this long enough, trying to get a theatrical release, not being able to get it available on DVD (and thanks to the Nicktoon buyout crap, I doubt we'll see it any time soon). This is a fitting end to the amazing 2k3 Renaissance of the Turtles before Nick possibly screws everything up in 3 years.

Shame the unions couldn't work it out and get both the original 80's voice actors and the 2k3 actors to reprise their roles, but you can't have everything.

Viacom BETTER release this on video. They BETTER!
I guess you could look at this as an "end of an era" kind of way, can't you?

I'm hoping this gets a DVD release as well, especially since I'm not what you would call a "mourning person" and not sure if I'll be able to wake up early enough to watch it. I'm totally going to set my alarm clock though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess you could look at this as an "end of an era" kind of way, can't you?

I'm hoping this gets a DVD release as well, especially since I'm not what you would call a "mourning person" and not sure if I'll be able to wake up early enough to watch it. I'm totally going to set my alarm clock though.
I just don't think it's fitting to air this once and only once and then just toss it away. They tried to find a new DVD distributor for this, and unless Paramount comes through with it, it's too late for them now. I really REALLY wish the sale took place a year later than it did.. they would have had a lot more time to get someone to distribute it.

unclematt

Reaction score
I am not a new TMNT but I love the 80 TMNT and am looking forward to seeing this. Shredder in the movie theatre looked hilarious

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
All right! Totally awesome! Cowabunga, dudes! I can't wait to see some classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action! It sounds like it will be more than epic- try excellent!
Turtle power!:smile::big_grin:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I just don't think it's fitting to air this once and only once and then just toss it away. They tried to find a new DVD distributor for this, and unless Paramount comes through with it, it's too late for them now. I really REALLY wish the sale took place a year later than it did.. they would have had a lot more time to get someone to distribute it.
Totally agree, this is something all Ninja Turtles fans of all ages could enjoy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd feel Nickelodeon would be fools not to reair this at any point. They plan on making a new series supposedly based off the old one in 2012 (but I'm not exactly optimistic about it) and this would be a good transitional movie for them to bring the old into the new before their relaunch.

The one thing I should say, you'll also see the original Mirage Turtles in the special as well... don't know specifically when, but you can see them in that trailer.

It looks like they're going to Brady Bunch the HECK out of the old series (I.e. lampoon its conventions and cliches), and I think they did a terrific job getting down the look of the original series. The thing that bugs me is that they can make the 80's Turtles look virtually indistinguishable from their original selves, and yet they had to use the streamlined TMNT Fast Forward designs of the 2k3 Turtles.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Oh my.......................This looks really good. The only problem is they didn't get the original voice actors from the 80's cartoon show. All of them are still around. Why not get them?