1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drtooth, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

There was no female lizard character in the old cartoon. There was a lizard character, but it was a guy. His name was Mondo Gecko. The only female lizard character I can think of that you may be thinking of is Mona Lisa, who was a fan-created character.

-Skeeter
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

3. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

I love 'em both. Except for the new opener...I HATE the new opening theme, but, then, so does everybody.
    I've loved nearly all incarnations of the Turtles, though. I grew up on the old cartoon, loved the movies, was fascinated when I dioscovered the old comic books, LOVE the new cartoon, and I even read the goofy comic strips!
    I can't go on enough a/b the new series....I just LOVE how they managed to put Fugitoid in there! It's fantastic!
  4. Drtooth

I know what you mean... I don't Hate the new opener (it's pretty good, but not as good as the old one, but MUCh better than the final 2 seasons on CBS opener)

4Kids usually does a better job with opening songs. I mean, The Kirby Right Back at ya opening is catchy... Ultimate Muscle has a very good theme song, and Funky Cops? One of my favorite themes. The problem with TMNT is they tried tooooooo hard to make the opening extremely cool,m but it sounds off to me.

Of course I REALLY REALLY hated the last two seasons on CBS... I stopped watching at that point. The theme song was the worst of the three..

All they did was sing

Teenage... Mutant... Ninja... Turtles...
    TURTLE POWER!!!
    ad Nauseum!!! Yuck!

The funny thing is they had to rerecord most of the UK TMNT theme because they can't be called Teenage Mutant NINJAs... they are known as the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles...

They rerecorded just the chorus and they somehow edited one line so it went [/I]Splinter taught them to be (fighting) Teens[/i]

I always wondered if they had to redubb the show or edit out some of the dialouge....
  5. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

I stopped watching aroundf the final 2 CBS seasons, as well, but that was more because I was getting into more "girly" and "grownup" things at the time. (A phase which only lasted a/b a year, anyway, but that's beside the point.) Heck, I even kinda like movie #3!!! It's not my FAVORITE, but it's definitely tolerable!
    (I'm also kind of holding out for the eventual appearance of Mikey's CAT in the new cartoon, but I doubt it'll happen!)
  6. Drtooth

I've heard that Usagi Yojimbo is supposed to show up sometime, though.

I wonder who's going to play him...
  7. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

if you have kazaa, you can download a whole bunch of the old turtle episodes from the 1st cartoon series as well as the new series.

i like the first 5 episodes of the 1st cartoon show, where they meet april, shredder, krang, the nutrinos, etc. right before the end of part 5 where the technodrome got pulled into dimension x.

i miss seeing the technodrome on the new series and krang......shredder and krang made a good bad guy team...

ryan
  8. Thijs

Thijs Member

9. Thijs

Thijs Member

Update:

What the...I saw some production pics of new action figures! A new Triceraton, and more new versions of old characters! Leatherhead, and more! Are they in the new cartoon too?

www.ninjaturtles.com/toys
  10. Drtooth

The Triceritons are in the show (with fugitoid and the Utroms) as we speak!

long story short, while searching for Splinter, the TMNT infiltrait a building that is a front for the Utroms (Brain people in robot suits, similar to Krang, but not megolamaniacal... they just want to leave earth) and they get transported to far off space and get arrested by the Triceriton army trying to rescue Fugitoid.

Leather head will be in the series (much different from in the first one I hope... I can't stand the Gumbo jokes) soon.
  11. Thijs

Thijs Member

So there are more Triceratons? To be honest, I don't know anything about him. Just loved his action figure.

LOL, I liked Leatherhead. What's your fave figure of the old series, Tooth?
  12. Drtooth

The Triceritons originally appered in the comics starting with Issue #6. They were also in Issue #7

Out of the old series? Well... I always liked My Frankenmichaelangelo... I don't care how corny it is... plus I loved my Rocksteady... and I'm kicking myself for not buying Verne the Newsguy....
  13. Drtooth

Fast fact! Did you know that Fox Box wasn't the first network that was to get a new TMNT series? Originally the WB was going to have one instead... unfortunately they nearsightedly passed on it...

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/warner/warner.html
  14. Thijs

Thijs Member

Those cartoon action figures. I loved them, but they were never released in The Netherlands
  15. Drtooth

Apparently, there was to be yet ANOTHER series, this time CGI...

Including the one that actually airs, the proposed WB show, and the CGi series, they REALLY were itchin' to get Casey Jones and the Triceritons involved in the series (and who could blaime them..

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/cgipilot.htm

Anyway, If they continue to make episodes from comics, I would love to see this...

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/30/30.htm

I really think that Hildiguard Rail needs to be animated...
  16. Drtooth

Huge Update!!!

For fans of the classic series, here's a new rumor...

hopefully they will all be first season... :D
  17. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

the first season only had those 5 episodes, although they seem like they're better than a lot of the others.

ryan
  18. Drtooth

There's a bit of speculation of whether it will be one DVD of those 5 episodes, or a boxed set of those five plus season 1.5 (as I call it).

It's basically just rumors ville now, and it appears to be true... hopefully...

Until then, they are now putting 4 episodes per DVD on the new series DVD's. "The Shredder Strikes Back" features "The King" (based on Donetello's solo comic book) with an all new alternate ending, both parts 1+2 of "The Shredder Strikes Back" and Tales of Leo!
  19. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

There are rumors that Playmates will release a series of figures based on the Mirage comics.

The key word is rumor.
  20. Drtooth

Well... a lot of characters from the new show are from the comics (Utroms, Triceritons, the Fugitoid...etc.) but I would love to see them make figures for The Justice Force (Which will also be an episode)