Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Bridget

Reaction score
One thing that I definitely hope to see in a possible sequel to this year's movie is a bigger role for Karai. I have to admit that it was nice seeing her in the film, but I was sort of eager to hear a few more lines, or see a little more action from her. She's my favorite human character in the series mainly because she is a bold, female warrior- and I adore her relationship with Leonardo. Maybe the next movie may have something to do with the story of Karai being Splinter's daughter, but then again they may have changed the storyline around. Either way, I just want to see more of her personality exposed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One thing that I definitely hope to see in a possible sequel to this year's movie is a bigger role for Karai. I have to admit that it was nice seeing her in the film, but I was sort of eager to hear a few more lines, or see a little more action from her.
There's a lot I hope they plan on expanding for the second movie. There was too much April and Eric in the film, and not enough everyone else. Shame that Baxter had to be cut, hope they give him a second chance for the next film. Though I will applaud the short run time. It's not really a bad film, just misguided. Especially since the original film series' second film was essentially a toy commercial.

So, I don't know when, but Nicktoons is going to run the last TMNT series this month, as they own the rights to that one (Fred Wolf Films still owns the original). It'll be a nice contrast. I still wish Nick and Shout would make a deal to release the entire 2k3 series in season by season bits. Funimation screwed over those when they finally started collecting them into volumes.

Meanwhile, anyone else reading the IDW TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover? I have the first 2, but only read the first issue so far. It's off to a good start. Nice of them to have some fun with the GB license before it expires.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Two things a long time coming for TMNT.

First off, they're finally going to go back to New York supposedly in the next episode. While I did enjoy the horror movies in the Woods arc, it was nail biting to wait for them to get back in action.

Secondly, they've finally released a long standing tradition in TMNT toy lines, the "Mutators" transforming turtle figures. And they actually look like the current cartoon turtles more than the rest of the line. But we've seen Mutators since the original series and they had them for the series prior. I've been waiting to see something realted to that come out.

Also, weird thing to notice. There's not one, not two, but three blind box vynal assortments from three different companies. Kid Robot, Funko, and now The Loyal Subjects threw their hat into the ring. I've got the Cobra Commander/Starscream set by the Loyal Subjects, and they're pretty good. Interestingly, while the other two blind boxes draw from the 80's cartoon, this one seems to draw a little from the comics (and essentially every other media besides said 80's cartoon), as they have Karai in the line up.

Bridget

Reaction score
Two things a long time coming for TMNT.

First off, they're finally going to go back to New York supposedly in the next episode. While I did enjoy the horror movies in the Woods arc, it was nail biting to wait for them to get back in action.

Secondly, they've finally released a long standing tradition in TMNT toy lines, the "Mutators" transforming turtle figures. And they actually look like the current cartoon turtles more than the rest of the line. But we've seen Mutators since the original series and they had them for the series prior. I've been waiting to see something realted to that come out.

Also, weird thing to notice. There's not one, not two, but three blind box vynal assortments from three different companies. Kid Robot, Funko, and now The Loyal Subjects threw their hat into the ring. I've got the Cobra Commander/Starscream set by the Loyal Subjects, and they're pretty good. Interestingly, while the other two blind boxes draw from the 80's cartoon, this one seems to draw a little from the comics (and essentially every other media besides said 80's cartoon), as they have Karai in the line up.
Sounds good, I am so excited that they are coming to New York again. Did they say anything about Karai making a return as well? And what do they plan to do with Irma's character considering she was a Kraang in disguise for all of this time?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, they advertised that they'd be going back this week, but it seems like a couple more episodes before they really return.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Rumors for the next movie surfaced, and already it sounds like a better film overall. Well... just due to the characters that are rumored to be included.

Casey Jones, Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady will be part of the next film. All well and good, but this time focus the freaking action on the freaking Turtles and no April uncovering a cotangent conspiracy plotline, kay?

Bridget

Reaction score
Did any of you catch the newest episode? I absolutely loved how April and Leo were able to bond and work together for a change, to help push each other to move forward. I was overjoyed to see Leo getting back upon his feet one step at a time. I hope that he makes a complete recovery soon! :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Anyone else thought that chimera in the latest episode looked like the Giant Claw?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm excited for the next one. It's going to be the transition episode between the filler arc and their return to New York. These last few episodes were fun... and trust me, it took me a while to realize that the Bigfoot episode was a stealth reference to Secret Saturdays (Diederich Bader was the voice of a cryptid, after all). But I've been chomping at the bit for the return of Shredder and the debut of Bebop and Rocksteady (whenever the heck that is).

Kinda bummed they don't have the Friday Night premiere anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And they truly lost potential by not making Vernon slightly antagonistic of April, even though he was perfectly cast.
Hasn't Vernon always been that way, Depending on the Writer?