Terrible, local commercials

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay.. last thread complaining about commercials, I swear. At least this one will be funny. I assure you (you just have to input some of your own).

Have you ever noticed how, even when they look polished, these local ads look cheap and pathetic? Especially if they're furniture commercials.

I'm disappointed I can't find this, but there's this terrible Bernie and Phylls add they keep shoving in our faces over here. It has this woman who's so excited by something or other (never fully explained) that she dances (worse than Elaine from Seinfeld) all over an obviously blue screened still of a show room (the chairs are disproportionately larger than her, and she almost walks through one), and to make matters even worse, she's clearly dubbed in a "not even trying to match anything" sort of way.

And, while this is actually a national commercial, it only airs locally during Sunday afternoon movies (and thankfully not even then anymore)

Then there's one that's at least better animated. The Tax Doctor. Which is, a not horrifying model of a guy in a white coat running cycle and cyclical thumbs up animations. Seriously... who's going to trust their money to someone that can't even afford Pixar quality animation?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Thankfully, I haven't seen the Blue Tax commercials all that much recently.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
There's this one radio ad that bugs me every time I hear it... it's for a car dealer, probably Nissan, advertising a "big" sale. But oh no, "it's not just big, it's biiiiiiiiiig." And like most local car commercials it features an annoying deep voiced fast talking announcer trying to sound enthusiastic and terrible audio effects.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't discount radio ads either. Not that anyone really listens to the radio anymore...

I remember this wonderful commercial where a bunch of very untalented brown note voices scatted out a rhyme about all the meats they have over a cheap prerecorded drum riff. Seriously... I cannot explain how much these "talented" """"singers"""" sounded like pooping. And then an unenthusiastic loud voice goes "Mckinnon's... Meat Market..."

Gaw. Someone was paid to do that.