1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

That Puppet Game Show

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Xerus, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

I just discovered this Jim Henson Productions from England called, That Puppet Game Show. A game show where puppets are the hosts and celebrities compete in crazy games to win money for charity. And it even features backstage chaos just like the old Muppet Show. Here's the first episode. I sure wish this aired in the States. I'd love to see more episodes.

2. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

DAVE CHAMPAN: Dougie, Eddie, and Dad
    COLLEEN SMITH: Mancie
    LOUISE GOLD: Amber, Miss Taptackle, and Mum
    VICTOR YERRID: Jake, Clyde, and Monkey
    NIGEL PLASKITT: Udders McGhee and Fenton Tortoise
    BRIAN HENSON: The Amazing Ian, Dr. Strabismus, and Mouse
    And various puppeteers as Hot Dogs.

3. Mister Muppet

Mister Muppet Well-Known Member

Yeah this show was quite good but it was axed because of low viewing numbers :(

4. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

Here are some more games That Puppet Game Show features.

5. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

I noticed this show has some of the familiar elements of the old Muppet Show. The singing hot dogs are like Marvin Suggs's Muppaphones, the funny sounding birds in the trees were like that skit in Muppets Sex and Violence. And Udders McGhee is like their version of J.P. Grouse.

6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Sadly, as much as I loved it, the show was cancelled. No new episodes will be made. Sorry about that.

7. Chopped Liver

Chopped Liver New Member

I hate that it was cancelled. I loved those games that they had contestants play; so clever! My favorite one is Nosey Neighbour.

FletchySRF3088 likes this.
  8. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

I really hope they put this series on DVD someday. I only found one episode so far.

Skekayuk likes this.
  9. Chopped Liver

Chopped Liver New Member

Me too, I've only seen the 1st one, and I can't find any other full episodes.

10. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

Me too. I saw all the episodes and some of them twice (watched to repeat). I'd love to see it again.
    I think my favourite skits sort of have to be Punch Yer Lights Out and Life's A Speech. - I loved the way Miss Taptackle yelled "and remeber it's for charity". and for ages I couldn't work out what it was about Amber she reminded me of other characters, eventually I figured it out, vocally and manner or speech, she seems to be a cross between Lorelei Lee in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and Gussie Carnigie in Merrily We Roll Along.
    That said I also enjoyed Saucie Song. Oh and That Puppet Endgame.

11. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

Wow I actually had no clue that this was henson related, I would of bothered watching it had I known, as I thought it was just another one of those rubbish Saturday night game shows like in it to win it and secret fortune and all.

12. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I feel sorry that the show got the boot so early. I wish it'd have lasted at least as long as MT. It just goes to show that puppet shows rarely manage in prime time unfortunately. :(

13. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

It was a Saturday night thing running against popular ITV game shows like the cube and the X factor and the like, which more families preferred to watch, it was rather dooming itself putting itself up against those shows.

Mister Muppet likes this.