The 2004 Oscars

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I saw it mentioned on several shows, actually. Craig Kilborne kept talking about how Bill got robbed, and Bill was actually on Letterman tonight lying in the street looking rather miserable. It was kinda funny, but I do feel kinda bad for him. He did seem really bummed out after he didn't win.
Erin

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
bill has said that he didn't care about award shows-so why get upset? it's just an award show.

the way i look at it is even if bill didn't get the oscar, he should be happy he is still making movies, good quality movies and that people still want him to be in their movies. so as long as that is still happening, then that could be the award in itself for bill. you look at some of the comedian actors who are in their 40's or 50's and there are not a lot of them that still make movies. so although bill didn't get the oscar, atleast he's still making movies and getting people's attention. that's all he needs to do.

ryan

Beebers

Reaction score
He's got a much wider acting range and breadth than some comics do, and he tends to choose good scripts for the most part. I think he'll be making good films forever, lucky us.

:cool:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, I think consistently being in good movies is a lot better ultimately than winning an Oscar. If you're lucky, you can do both, but a lot of great actors don't get the awards the deserve.
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
Well, all in all I think they are as fair as is possible, with a few exceptions here and there, but so much of it is luck of the draw too; if you've delivered a performance of huge merit but so did the other four nominees that particular year then it's really tough. The men's category this year was unusually tight - all five performances were on a par with each other in excellence.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Bill Murray--in case you ever read this, you've deserved more than one Oscar over the years. So here you go:

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

Five Oscars for you!

Beebers

Reaction score
Without Penn's performance in the mix Murray would have walked away with it. I would love to have seen Murray win, but Penn is probably the finest actor of his generation, he's brilliant, and I'm glad he was recognized, and that Eastwood was recognized "by default", in a sense, for directing Penn to that performance. Bill will be there again, and he'll win one of these days given another good script to work with.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Bill Murray--in case you ever read this, you've deserved more than one Oscar over the years. So here you go:

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

Five Oscars for you!
LOL! Bravo!
Erin

sixdollarman

Reaction score
You can imagine how many offers he'll have now! Just being nominated is a treat and I think we will see much more of him in the future. His time will come and this will be a huge door opening for him. As for the rest of the awards, I have mixed feelings about it. I haven't been out to see any movies in during the past year so all the nominees I knew nothing about. With that in mind, I don't think LOFR should have won Best Picture this year. If anything, they should have won for the first installment. Fellowship was incredible! The rest of the films just followed in suit. They were all great films but they should have awarded the first one.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I agree Fellowship blew me away, but I think I'd have to say i liked Return even better. Two Towers was easily my least favorite installment, but I still loved it, particularly the extended edition, which was significantly better than the theatrical version. Gollum was brilliant. I was bummed out that Fellowship didn't win, but I think waiting until the end was kind of a nice way to do it. After all, it's basically one 9-hour-movie (11 hours counting the EEs...) so it makes sense to reward it after the whole thing is complete.
Erin