the 25th annv figure argument/pepe in series six vote

towels

Reaction score
Tutu Pepe

Seems to me they should do a whole series (at least) based on each film, rather than mix the Tutu Pepe into the regular run. How about a MFS series with Dr. VanNeuter, Purple Leather Piggy, Gonzo wrapped in foil, Pepe in Tutu, Bobo in a suit, etc. Playset could be the alien ship/stage.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
As long as we get Pepe and tutu Pepe, I'll be happy. But I wouldn't mind a Pepe in French maid's uniform exclusive as well....
Aaahh a lady with exquisite taste !!!!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>
Pepe in a Tutu...an exclusive or a figure in the regular line? Or a chase figure in the case? Which would you prefer, OK?<<<

exclusive! ok...I am sooo glad this thread is still going strong, as this is one of the most anticipated figures ever for me. Don't let the bated breath fool ya, I really believe that Pepe would seel through the roof. Why's that? Because even mainstream and casual fans loved him in MFS and the LJS commercials. Henson is clearly psuhing Pepe into the absolute main 5 forefront with nascar car, weezer, etc.

So Ken, anyy chance at the February Toy Show there just might be a Pepe prototype sculpt???

As far as Im concerned the sooner in a wave Pepe comes out the better! In fact, if you guys at Palisades get bored, just go ahead and sculpt him and release him as an 'exclusive preview figure' with a mfs sticker ala the POTF attack of the clones figure previews...that way these 'purists' can be made happy til the universal muppet figure brand debuts, but we'll still have Pepe by next summer.

and dont worry...when ya first posted the vote for pepe in series six poll, there were some naysayers. I have a feeling even those people will be buying a Pepe figure without a doubt. To not would be heresy.

Does anybody not realize HOW BIG and how much promtoional backing JHC is giving to the king prawn? Im surprised JHC isnt pressuring Palisades to make Pepe sooner than later.

Luke

Reaction score
Cory,

Y'know you really should go apply to go work in the JHC P.R department .... great things for you ahead i see before me.

Why stop at this - KING PRAWN FOR PRESIDENT !!!! :stick_out_tongue:

Luke
- if you don't vote for me, i shall spank you, i shall spank you like a bad bad donkey ok ? -

matleo

Reaction score
Cory

Originally posted by beaker
>>>

and dont worry...when ya first posted the vote for pepe in series six poll, there were some naysayers. I have a feeling even those people will be buying a Pepe figure without a doubt. To not would be heresy.
Wait a second, Cory. You make it sound like many of us at some point were against pepe being made EVER. the question on the poll wasn't if we wanted Pepe or not it was a question of when we wanted Pepe.

you're right if Pepe were released tommorow many of us would run right out and buy him, but the same can be said for Floyd, Scooter, Sam, Beauregard, Rizzo, and (insert your favorite Muppet here).

Personally, I still think Palisades should hold back a little before Pepe. There are some big name guys who have been around longer and deserve to come out first. I agree that Pepe is a major character. That's why I'd hold back. You made the point once that the later lines look a little weak and that would be a good place for Pepe and there I agree with you too. In fact, in the end we're probably saying the same thing. Sorry for the rant but I just ask that you refrain form making it look like people who voted "Put Pepe later" as people who are against a Pepe figure altogether. I'm sure it's not what you meant at all, but it's the way it comes across (to me at least). Thanks. Out of curisity, if you were in charge, where would you foresee putting Pepe in, Cory??

--Matt

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Muppet Movies Line

Ken, here an idea. Just make a spin-off line with the Muppet Show, The Muppet Movie Mania line featuring Muppets from different movies such as Pepe in the Tutu.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
What is this the Ask Ken thread? Heysoos Mabimba!

towels
Seems to me they should do a whole series (at least) based on each film, rather than mix the Tutu Pepe into the regular run. How about a MFS series with Dr. VanNeuter, Purple Leather Piggy, Gonzo wrapped in foil, Pepe in Tutu, Bobo in a suit, etc. Playset could be the alien ship/stage.

Here's why I think that would be a bad idea...no offense. I think that if you were to release movie characters, you would be better off branding them as a total Muppets line and mixing stuff in. Why? Well, let's say you do a line of MFS characters. Many people think MFS is the weakest one or it is their least favorite. Therefore they might pass on the line altogether. Certainly some retailers might because it is a one shot deal, no tie in and not part of the totality of a successful line. Now if you were to brand it like Star Wars...better. If you put out a line today of TPM, then a line of AOTC, and so on, people would pick and choose and not buy into the "universe". It's a collecting mentality...but it also lets one figure leech off the success of another figure. It allows you to put out a piece of poop like Dejas Puhr in a line achored by stronger characters when only SOME folks really want the piece of poop. Helps to market, sell in and sell through your line in my opinion. I could go deeper in detail, but I sense a few yawns.

Bean Bunny
Ken, here an idea. Just make a spin-off line with the Muppet Show, The Muppet Movie Mania line featuring Muppets from different movies such as Pepe in the Tutu.

Not a bad suggestion, but still I think the best option were you going to do characters like Johnny Fiama, or Pepe, or even a Jim Henson Puppet would be to brand it under one universal brand, called Jim Henson's Muppets. That is how you build a line that lasts for years like Star Wars or GI Joe or stuff like that.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>In fact, in the end we're probably saying the same thing. Sorry for the rant but I just ask that you refrain form making it look like people who voted "Put Pepe later" as people who are against a Pepe figure altogether.<<<

oh! sorry about that...I was referring not to the 'wait on Pepe' crowd, the but the small minoirty who would even be interested in Pepe! I men I could understand Elmo, Mr. poodlepants, bill bubbles, harvey kneeslapper...but Pepe? just heresy!

I'm sure it's not what you meant at all, but it's the way it comes across (to me at least). Thanks. Out of curisity, if you were in charge, where would you foresee putting Pepe in, Cory??<<<

oh, well unfrtunately due to the unfortunate scheduling confl;ict the whole line's releases are off kilter(not ken's fault, but the way thigns turned out) as a result, I would like to see Pepe moved up. Personally I'd like to see Pepe ASAP! Even as a snake peak figure before hes officially released in a line. I mean, to me Dr. Bob Dr. Janice and regular Gonzo are just variants.

But a neat new idea would be to have Pepe as an exclusive first, or sneak preview figure, or *something* I just have to question the purists out there who doesnt think Pepe should be in 2003:

1. the TMS 25th annv will be over very soon, or at least should be

2. JHC already is promoting Pepe with TMS packaging(nascar car models)

3. Fozzie from MFS sure isnt from TMS!

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

But a neat new idea would be to have Pepe as an exclusive first, or sneak preview figure, or *something* I just have to question the purists out there who doesnt think Pepe should be in 2003:

1. the TMS 25th annv will be over very soon, or at least should be

2. JHC already is promoting Pepe with TMS packaging(nascar car models)

3. Fozzie from MFS sure isnt from TMS!
Well, I can't answer 2 (especially given the revisionist history supplied via Weezer), but as for 3, the sneak preview Ken pointed us to was definately branded Muppets From Space, not The Muppet Show.