the 25th annv figure argument/pepe in series six vote

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
ukgonzo

You think the tutu Pepe run should be that limiited? I think he will be quite popular and if this series is to run for 14 waves he'll need to be represented in the future. It doesn't make sense to throw away such a good figure and make it so liminted. Only the collector's club? I just think that would be a waste. :eek: :wink:

ukgonzo

Reaction score
I think pepe should be made and soon. pepe should be available to everyone, pepe in a Tutu should be an exclusive of the original pepe but i hope its not like WWDr Teeth, i suggest the palisade club because you can get it if you want it all you would have to do is join the club. I just hope he's made and easily available

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's true but if it's proven that Pepe is a popular character it would be best that they make a lot of them in the regulare assortment sometime in a future wave so that everybody can get one. Just doens't make sense to me for Palisades to short-change themselves on that.

ukgonzo

Reaction score
I think what ever they decide to do palisade won't short change themselves. I just hope that i can get one when they make him

grail

Reaction score
give the Palisades guys (and Ken in particular) some credit...they, more than any toy company i've ever seen, seem to pay attention to what the fans say. the fact that Ken (who we all know has more important things to be doing) comes in here so often and puts up with all the...junk that we give him about our opinions, and "can i have this exclusive" and "invite me to your wedding so i can have the wedding figures" proves to me just how dedicated they are to getting things right. heck, even the president of the company stops by now and again...that really says something. they know their audience, and they know what we want. and i think anyone who questions their dedication to the making the line the best it can be should be drug out in the street and shot. or did i not read that Ken was in here giving us updates from the factory...overseas...

of course that's just my opinion...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? I know as much as anybody how dedicated Ken and Palisades are. I also have an idea of what they are shooting for with the longevity of their line and that they prefer to have future same-series repaints over resculpts. Got to think of the big picture. They want to keep this line running for 14 waves and on! :smile:

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ukgonzo
I think pepe should be made and soon. pepe should be available to everyone, pepe in a Tutu should be an exclusive of the original pepe but i hope its not like WWDr Teeth, i suggest the palisade club because you can get it if you want it all you would have to do is join the club. I just hope he's made and easily available
THAT was mostly what i was talking about...let them run their company themselves...i think they're doing a pretty good job so far.

well, that was the basic point anyway...in retrospect, i may have gotten a little carried away...

Luke

Reaction score
Well Ken asked for an opinion so i think people are just giving it !

Seeing as Jamie mooted my point - (LOL) - i'd actually IMO say i'd be unsure about keeping the tutu pepe for a later regular fig although Jamie is right that it would sell bucket loads so maybe it would do better sales wise if you went regular at some point. Again, it's the recognition facor that concerns me, Muppets From Space just wasn't that popular so people outside hardcore fans are always going to think a Tutu is strange for Pepe. So thats why i originally went for chase or exclusive.

I would agree with the ol'Frogboy to make sure a regular version is out there though on the regular line obviously, and i'd like to see the bellhop uniform but not before the tutu. Of course there'll be lots of new Pepe outfits and things coming up in the new movie and Fox show so plenty of opportunity for the future lines. I'd actually like to see him in leather and shades (not that he's ever worn that) ....... so no funny jokes bout that people !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke

Didn't mean to moot you. LOL By the time Pepe would likely roll out the Christmas special would have launched and possibly the Fox series. This will generate interest in all things Muppet including MFS. I could be wrong but I think anything Pepe will be a hot item very soon - including the tutu (regardless if some buyers don't understand the costume). I think saving it for wave 8 or so would be a good idea - but I really love the leather jacket Pepe idea you propose. I also hope he comes out in his belhop outfit. Hey, and maybe the kitchen outfit too. Lets have a Pepe for every room! I really see limitless possibilities with him and all of them quite popular that it may be best to ration the prawn. Plus I think the resculpt exclusives are going to go random anyway - a much better idea IMHO.

So I guess we mostly agree on this. :smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I definitely think the tutu Pepe ought to be available to the general public. I think he'd make a fine retail exclusive (at whatever point that made sense in Ken's grand scheme). I don't like the idea of him being a show/club exclusive because I know too many people who would buy tutu Pepe who are not collecting this line. I know a bunch of folk who were big Muppet fans in the 70s and 80s and have since lapsed some (they see the movies, but not till they show up at the $1 theater and they don't seek out tv appearances) who would line up in the rain for tutu Pepe.

As long as we get Pepe and tutu Pepe, I'll be happy. But I wouldn't mind a Pepe in French maid's uniform exclusive as well....