The 3 Versions of Rubber Duckie

Medbe Monster

Reaction score
Has anyone have an idea of what the first version of Rubber Duckie looked like? I found out there was a a version before the well known one with the plain blue background, There is also another version from 1998 I remember seeing as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Medbe Monster said:
Has anyone have an idea of what the first version of Rubber Duckie looked like? I found out there was a a version before the well known one with the plain blue background, There is also another version from 1998 I remember seeing as well.
A clip from the first version appeared in The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years. That's the only time I remember seeing any footage from that version. I wondered about that version for a long time, because I was so used to the version with the blue background. I asked about that version at Muppet Central, and somebody said that it came from one of the test pilots.

From what I can remember, the living room set was used for the bathroom where Ernie took his bath and sang (just like in Everybody Wash). Considering that this and the bathroom scenes from the first episode use the living room set, and the fact that anohter sketch from the test pilots, the sketch where Ernie talks about what body parts he has two of, took place in a different room, I wonder if the living room was originally meant to be the bathroom.

There are also two other versions of Rubber Duckie that were performed on Sesame Street. One featured film footage of kids taking baths with Jim Henson's recording used as the soundtrack, and the other was performed by Little Richard.

Medbe Monster

Reaction score
The 1st version seems rare, just like the I 8 the sandbox sketch it's not found on Youtube.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Medbe Monster said:
The 1st version seems rare, just like the I 8 the sandbox sketch it's not found on Youtube.
Just because a sketch is not on You Tube (or not released on video/DVD, or not shown on Noggin) does not mean that it's rare. However, You Tube has added some rare skecthes lately, including the 9 baker film and What's My Part?: Foot.

paulyw

Reaction score
I can't remember the first version of Rubber Duckie.